Close
Login
Register

Looking for a buddy to train in Thailand this summer

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Looking for a buddy to train in Thailand this summer

Postby DTMUniversal » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking for a buddy to train with in Thailand this summer (July - Aug 2012). Going there and living / training by yourself is great, but being able to split a room with someone will bring the costs down greatly, and not to mention more fun.

I'm looking for serious training 6 days a week and sight-seeing / partying on the Sundays. I'm NOT looking to go to a tourist resort camp in Phuket and slacking off. Drinks and chicks are cool and I'm all about fun, but I'd like to keep that on the Sundays. I'm going to Thailand on a mission to become Super Saiyan lol.

I've done research on a lot of camps and also got first-hand feedback from those who went there before, and I've narrowed it down to Sitsongpeenong in Bangkok.

http://www.sitsongpeenong.com/rates/pricing_rates.html

I've read about 4 reviews for this gym, and all 4 reviews (plus a personal recommendation from a friend who trained there) have said great things about this place. High level technique (they correct you instead of just holding pads for you), hardcore work ethic, no BS training, low number of foreigners to trainer ratio, with great facilities and away from any distractions. The owner is half Thai half Aussie and speaks English so we'll definitely be taken care of.

With two persons it comes up to around $900-$1,000 CAD/USD for room, food, and 2 times training for 30 days. Yes that is pricey, but check out their gym photos and facilities. You're living in a hotel basically and get to train in a world-class equipped facility. You really get what you pay for. I don't want to jog around a mosquito infested lake / stinking pig farm and shit in a hole in the ground and wash myself in a bucket at Por Pramuk :lol:. That shit might be fun for a day but I imagine that'll get old quick. Plus I don't want to get sick / an infection from living in a place with poor hygiene and ruin my entire summer.

That doesn't mean I'm a pampered little princess either lol. If you know of a place that is clean and offers just as great training in a more rural setting but for cheaper, please share it with me.

If you guys know of cheaper alternatives like renting an apartment and just paying for day to day training, I'm open to the alternative, but I haven't been able to find any hostels close to this gym. Also in order to take part of their early morning workouts, its probably not worth the hassle to rent an apartment elsewhere (the gym is 30 minutes drive away from the city). But I'm open to alternatives like I said for those who've been to Thailand before.

I'm open to checking out Thailand before the training camp or after the camp. I'm also open to spending 2 weeks at Camp A and 2 weeks at Camp B if you want. I would say I'm an intermediate level guy (record: 1-0) looking to get significantly better. By the end of the camp I'll likely take a fight in Hong Kong.

Any serious guys here want to do this? Any tips from the pros on this forum would also be great. Thanks!
DTMUniversal
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Looking for a buddy to train in Thailand this summer

Postby timbercutter » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:47 pm

DTMUniversal wrote:Hey guys, I'm looking for a buddy to train with in Thailand this summer (July - Aug 2012). Going there and living / training by yourself is great, but being able to split a room with someone will bring the costs down greatly, and not to mention more fun.

I'm looking for serious training 6 days a week and sight-seeing / partying on the Sundays. I'm NOT looking to go to a tourist resort camp in Phuket and slacking off. Drinks and chicks are cool and I'm all about fun, but I'd like to keep that on the Sundays. I'm going to Thailand on a mission to become Super Saiyan lol.

I've done research on a lot of camps and also got first-hand feedback from those who went there before, and I've narrowed it down to Sitsongpeenong in Bangkok.

http://www.sitsongpeenong.com/rates/pricing_rates.html

I've read about 4 reviews for this gym, and all 4 reviews (plus a personal recommendation from a friend who trained there) have said great things about this place. High level technique (they correct you instead of just holding pads for you), hardcore work ethic, no BS training, low number of foreigners to trainer ratio, with great facilities and away from any distractions. The owner is half Thai half Aussie and speaks English so we'll definitely be taken care of.

With two persons it comes up to around $900-$1,000 CAD/USD for room, food, and 2 times training for 30 days. Yes that is pricey, but check out their gym photos and facilities. You're living in a hotel basically and get to train in a world-class equipped facility. You really get what you pay for. I don't want to jog around a mosquito infested lake / stinking pig farm and shit in a hole in the ground and wash myself in a bucket at Por Pramuk :lol:. That shit might be fun for a day but I imagine that'll get old quick. Plus I don't want to get sick / an infection from living in a place with poor hygiene and ruin my entire summer.

That doesn't mean I'm a pampered little princess either lol. If you know of a place that is clean and offers just as great training in a more rural setting but for cheaper, please share it with me.

If you guys know of cheaper alternatives like renting an apartment and just paying for day to day training, I'm open to the alternative, but I haven't been able to find any hostels close to this gym. Also in order to take part of their early morning workouts, its probably not worth the hassle to rent an apartment elsewhere (the gym is 30 minutes drive away from the city). But I'm open to alternatives like I said for those who've been to Thailand before.

I'm open to checking out Thailand before the training camp or after the camp. I'm also open to spending 2 weeks at Camp A and 2 weeks at Camp B if you want. I would say I'm an intermediate level guy (record: 1-0) looking to get significantly better. By the end of the camp I'll likely take a fight in Hong Kong.

Any serious guys here want to do this? Any tips from the pros on this forum would also be great. Thanks!

wait...are you a chick?
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby gigica1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jetli » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 am

Fuck i'd love to go, i go to thailand all the fucking time for training since i live in sydney.

Edit: Saw the date.
Overeem wrote:You guys better duck, because im bout to turn left, and i dont wana SMACK you with my dick

Agonz ducked the Jet like a lil bitch.

Jetli (Belcher) vs PoopCannon (Bisping) Account bet
Acount sig bet victims:
Brickbat.
SigBets
5-1
Jetli
Buakaw's P.R Manager
Buakaw's P.R Manager

Return to Stand Up