Close
Login
Register

Living Lean

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Re: Living Lean

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:13 pm

I heard absolutely terrible things about anything associated with Mike Dolce. I would only spend any money on a nutrition book for the recipes. The core principles of how to "live lean" are available for free online. The only difficult part is variation in the diet, IMO. Regardless, Dolce doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

My 2 cents.
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby Fearless6691 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:15 am

Anabolic or gtfo
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

SkwisgaarMMA wrote:
Fearless6691 wrote:Anabolic or gtfo

I had spoken with KC previously about this in another thread, and he suggested that with all the cycling I do it might not provide all the energy needed to sustain such a regime.

I did, however, see that you have a rigorous schedule as well but have stated that you have maintained a good energy level. I am still debating to be honest.

I don't want my cycling performances to drop at all as I usually ride with a group. If I am not keeping a consistent 19-20mph pace then there would be no benefit of riding with a group.

While MMA training is high-demand, I think for intense cycling training you need SOME carbs. Check out Christian Thibadeau's carb cycling codex on tnation or Shelby Starnes' ebooks (which are in between the AD and CT's diet in terms of carb intake).
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece

Postby KC Masterpiece » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:11 pm

SkwisgaarMMA wrote:Ok so I read through the carb cycling codex, and it was pretty interesting. Found out I have a BMR of 1905.

I did all of the calculations for what my calorie intake should be broken down by protein, fat, and carbs depending on my activity for the day. Now the hard part will be drawing up a meal plan to meet those numbers. MEH!

Yeah I did that for a while, and honestly the main reason I like the AD better is because there are only two different caloric requirements, one for five days in a row, and one for two. Having three different days spread over 7 days of the week got difficult for me, but if you are above totally incompetent in the kitchen (I know I'm not), cycling should work well.

Just make sure you calculate correctly; CT's formula can be done wrong--I had to recalculate three times. 1g of protein and carbs is 4 calories, 1g of fat is 9 calories, etc. etc.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece

Postby KC Masterpiece » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:39 pm

fitday.com. Changed my life. Type in the macronutrient contents of ALL the foods you eat (use the 'custom foods' tab and enter the info off the labels rather than the stock info they provide) and add/subtract as necessary based on what you eat each day. Made things one billion times easier than physically writing everything out and using a calculator.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece

Postby Fearless6691 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Fitday is great, so it the AD. I would highly suggest using booth. The AD is great for guys who like to eat manly foods like animals haha.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Nutrition