Close
Login
Register

Klitschko Was At Risk (spoiler)

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Klitschko Was At Risk (spoiler)

Postby kushfight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:11 pm

When Wladimir Klitschko defended his IBF and WBO titles yesterday against undefeated Ruslan Chagaev he was at more risk than just losing his titles. Chagaev from Uzbekistan has hepatitis antigens running through his veins. Though Klitschko was immunized for the virus, and German doctors told him his chances of getting infected are the same as "the sky falling on your head". Many boxing officials aren't so sure. Finland's boxing federation recently called off Chagaev's fight against Nikolay Valuev near a month ago. Representatives from the NY and NV athletic commissions say they would not license him in their states.

Klitschko was in normal fashion last night. The fight unfolded like many thought it would. Like many of Klitschko's fights, it lacked drama and action. By the midway point of the 3rd round it's likely many fans were wishing it was David Haye instead of Ruslan. He may not have fared any better then Ruslan but he would've brought more drama and aggression. Rulsan was considered the worlds 3rd best HW and was Wladi's most accomplished opponent since Chris Byrd. But, Rulsan was taken out in easy fashion by Klitschko. Klitschko broke him down slowly and finished him in the late rounds.

Though it was very unlikely that Klitschnko would've recieved Hep. from Chagaev last night (due to being Immunized). It was something that most likely worried him throughout the fight and is a risk to all of Chagaev's opponents.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Klitschko Was At Risk (spoiler)

Postby 808_Hawaii » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:43 pm

O wow.

Hope no one gets that virus fighting him
BJJ Blue belt
Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)(NPTI)
Certified Speedblast trainer
Certified Kettlebell trainer
Check out my basic Strength and Conditioning for MMA/BJJ
strength-speed-conditioning-for-grapplers-fighters-t123418.html
808_Hawaii
Mod Emeritus

Re: Klitschko Was At Risk (spoiler)

Postby FootFistProductions » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:48 pm

They need to do Chagaev like the did Morrison, Hep ain't aids but it still sicks duck.

Klitschkos need some real challenges.
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.