K-1 World Max Final 16

Discuss all other combat sports here.

K-1 World Max Final 16

Postby meyer1244 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:42 pm

http://combatcrew.net/blog/2009/04/13/k-1-world-max-final-16/

Orange-Meyer
Green-Matt(Tottenham19)

ImageBuakaw vs Andre “Dida” AmadeImage

Two time K-1 MAX Champ Buakaw Por Pramuk is back in action to face Andre Dida. All I will say about this one is I do not see Dida standing a chance at all, Buakaw one of the elite in MAX and is hungry for a third title. The technical advantage Buakaw will have is too much to overcome for Dida and I see him eating kick after combination leading to a TKO win for Buakaw. Buakaw will probably use lots of kicks to chop Dida down , world class kicks and might even throw in some great flurries with the hands. After one round I think Dida will be hurting and some more kicks and combinations in the second will put him down and it will also advance Buakaw on. If Dida makes it the distance here he will get some props from me.

Buakaw via 2nd rd KO

ImageALBERT KRAUS vs. YUICHIRO ‘JIENOTSU’ NAGASHIMAImage

One of the strangest fights in MAX history, but one I am thoroughly looking forward to and I don’t know why, as “cosplay”/anime drag queen/fan favourite Yuichiro Nagashima enters the Final 16 by the spot reserved for Japanese fan voting to take on MAX’s first ever champion Albert “The Hurricane” Kraus. Nagashima is coming off a semi final loss in the MAX Japan Tournament to Yuya Yamamoto via ref stoppage, where he defeated last year’s finalist HAYATO by second round TKO. Kraus is on a six fight win streak, in that streak he holds wins over Buakaw (via questionable decision), Su Hwan Lee, Warren Stevelmans, Yasuhiro Kido and Mike Zambidis and in the past holding notable losses to Gago Drago, Murat Direcki, Buakaw Por. Pramuk, and Andy Souwer. Both fighters are punchers more than kickers, Kraus known for having some of the best hands in MAX present day while Nagashima is known for his “rushing” style, body shots and tough chin. However, Nagashima isn’t the most technical fighter you’ll see in MAX, or the most physically gifted. I see this being a pretty short night for Nagashima as Kraus beats him to the punch in every exchange and will end up eating canvas in the first. His chin could pull him through to a decision but I just don’t see it with the way he fights.

Kraus via first round KO.

ImageMasato vs HiroyaImage

Not too much to breakdown here , a legend of K-1 , Masato has announced his retirement after three more fights , this being the first of those three. He takes on the young Japanese Hiroya in what I understand is a one round exhibition match. Masato will probably easily look the better of the two fighters in the round and land cleaner than the young Hiroya , but not much he can do in 3 minutes really. It would be somewhat humorous if he somehow KOs Hiroya but most likely a round of Masato getting off first and landing better. Masato will probably win this then fight his next fight in the summer against an unknown opponent (rumored Kawajiri) then fight his retirement fight at Dynamite! 2009 against this years MAX Champ.

Masato via UD

ImageYOSHIHIRO SATO vs. GAGO DRAGOImage

Good fight here as two veterans of MAX collide as all-action Gago Drago takes on former MAX Japan champion and the only man to ever KO Buakaw in MAX, Yoshihiro Sato. Sato is coming off a win over “The can who beat Gomi” - Sergey Golyaev, in MAX, where he beat down the Russian with leg kicks to the fight was called in the second due to sustained punishment. Sato had an up-and-down 2008, with wins over Murat Direcki and Buakaw, then losing two close decisions to 2008 champion Masato and runner-up Artur Kyshenko. Drago had a less than stellar 2008, going 4-4 with the notable win coming over Warren Stevelmans and the 4 losses coming to Masato, Chahid Oulad El Hadji, Murat Direcki and William Diender. This fight here is pretty easy to call in my opinion, and I think it should resemble Sato’s fight with Direcki. Sato is infamous for being a slow starter and he really likes to feel the fight out, while Drago is going forward the whole time. I think Drago could win the first round just based on aggresion, yet from there I think it will be all Sato. Sato’s defense is one of the best, if not the best in MAX right now, and he has a good chin to boot. I see Drago mostly hitting air and gloves when he’s coming forward and soon falls into Sato’s game where he gets tired of chasing him and succums to Sato’s leg kicks and precision straight counter punching. In the end this leads to a UD for Yoshihiro Sato and another loss for Drago.

Sato via unanimous decision.

ImageYuya Yamamoto vs Su Hwan LeeImage

Japan vs Korea in this bout as Yuya Yamamoto takes on Su Hwan Lee. Yuya and Lee both made it to the finals of the J-MAX and K-MAX tournaments , each losing respectively. In this fight I think Lee will pretty much take every round , I like Yuya as a fighter but Lee will take this one no doubt probably. He is the better technical fighter and will land better in each exchange and probably have Yuya backing up and defensive for the majority of the fight. Not much chance of Yuya hurting Lee too bad or controlling the pace on him. I see Lee taking a comfortable decision win and moving on in the tournament , Yuya is tough, he could go the distance here.

Lee via UD

ImageDZHABAR ‘GENGHIS KHAN’ ASKEROV vs. GIORGIO PETROSYANImage

One of the world’s best 70kg. fighters finally gets his entry into MAX as “The Doctor” Giorgio Petrosyan takes on fellow MAX newcomer in The Contender Asia semi-finalist Dzhabar “Genghis Khan” Askerov. Askerov takes the place of what was supposed to be for Marcus Oberg, yet he decieded to pass on place in the Final 16 to be a part of The Contender Asia season 2 cast. Petrosyan is coming off his biggest win to date over two-time K-1 MAX champion Andy Souwer by an extra round unanimous decision. In the past, Petrosyan has fought to a draw with Buakaw and holds notable wins over Rafik Bakkouri, Naruepol Faitex, and Warren Stevelmans. Dzhabar holds notable losses to John Wayne Parr (twice), Marcus Oberg (twice) and Buakaw with notable wins over Bakkouri, Jordan Tai and Soren Monkongtong. I’m somewhat disappointed that these two newcomers are facing each other in the Final 16 as I’d like to see what both would do up against the veterans of MAX in the Final 8 in a few months. Petrosyan is simply put one of the best kickboxers on the planet today and has the best counter-attack out of anyone in the Final 16 in my opinion, having beautiful kicks and punches all of his opponents attacks. Dzhabar will most likely fit perfectly into this gameplan as he loves to come forward and throw some wild combos, but I can’t see him having much success with this gameplan as Petrosyan avoids and systematically picks him apart with punchs and middle kicks. Dzhabar does have the power to hurt anyone here, his KO of Soren Monkongtong still remains as one of the most devastating KOs I’ve seen in kickboxing, and with MAX judges valuing aggresion pretty high on scorecard, Dzhabar could drag this into an extra round, who knows. However, Petrosyan should win a comfortable decision after 3.

Petrosyan via unanimous decision.

ImageARTUR KYSHENKO vs. ALVIAR LIMAImage

The fight i’m looking forward to the most on this card as my favourite 70kg. fighter Artur Kyshenko takes on veteran Alviar Lima. Kyshenko pulled off one of the biggest upsets in MAX history last year, beating Andy Souwer by decision in the Final 4 to fight Masato and lose a close (controversial) decision after an extra round. Kyshenko also holds notable wins over the strange Shingo Garyu, Yashuhiro Kido, Jordan Tai, Mike Zambidis, Chi Bin Lim and Su Hwan Lee. Lima makes his first entry into the MAX tournament with all his previous apperances in K-1 being in the way of superfights. Lima’s most notable wins have come over Nieky Holzken and William Diender with notable losses to Warren Stevelmans and Sahin Yakut and has fought to draws with Andy Souwer and Gago Drago in the past. Both Lima and Kyshenko are two of the bigger 70kg. fighters, while both contain some great power and combinations. I think what rounds out this fight in Kyshenko’s favour however is that he is just the cleaner kickboxer in his combinations, and also he has much faster hands than Lima. I think he’ll get the best of Lima for a good part of the fight while Alviar stays in there to make it entertaining, but at this level of kickboxing you never know. Yet Kyshenko taking home the UD is a forgone conclusion in my book.

Kyshenko via unanimous decision.

ImageTakayuki Kohiruimaki vs Chi Bin LimImage

Another good scrap here as K-1 Japan MAX winner Kohi takes on the Korean K-1 MAX champ Chi Bin Lim. Lim won with a stunning KO over Su Hwan Lee while Kohi won his way through with his normal style of clinch fighting but did offer up a nice TKO over Kido. Chi Bin Lim is the better fighter here in my eyes but will have to avoid Kohis style of clinching and slowing down the fight to his pace , Lim could flurry when he needs to and make sure Kohi does not outpoint him I think ,he is a quick striker who can surprise Kohi. If he cant land them I’m afraid Kohi will win but I’m banking on Lim being able to land more effectively and that standing out in the rounds more than Kohis clinch / strike tactics

Lim via UD

ImageChahid Oulad El Hadj vs Nieky HolzkenImage

In what should be a very close contested fight , the Morrocan brawler Chahid takes on Golden Glory member Nieky Holzken. Chahid is a heavy handed brawler and I think that will be the key to him winning this match against Holzken. If he can make the fight a brawl and get Holzken to fight his style of fight he can definitely take this one , and on the other hand Holzken should try to avoid any big exchanges and keep it technical. Chahid is a powerful striker and I think if he connects at any time flush , Holzken will be sleeping but at the same time I think either of these guys can outpoint each other , its basically whichever guy gets to implement their style. Personally ,I think Chahid can get Holzken to brawl with him at times and he can take this one.

Chahid via UD

ImageANDY SOUWER vs. LEROY KAESTNERImage

Two time K-1 MAX champion Andy Souwer returns to K-1 after a disappointing loss to Giorgio Petrosyan on an It’s Showtime card to take on K-1 MAX Amsterdam qualification winner Leroy Kaestner. Kaestner is the only fighter in the tournament that I’ve never seen fight and all I know is that he trains out of Team Aerts with the legend himself, Peter Aerts. Souwer however in no way will lose this fight, look for him to methodically breakdown Kaestner like he does all his opponents and finish the fight in the second round with a devastating trademark Souwer punch-kick combination.

Souwer via second round KO.

Matts picks
———–
souwer via second round KO
kyshenko via unanimous decision
petrosyan via unanimous decision
sato via unanimous decision
kraus via first round KO
chahid via extra round decision
lim via second round KO
lee via unanimous decision
buakaw via third round KO
masato via decision

Meyers picks
————-
souwer via second round KO
kyshenko via unanimous decision
petrosyan via unanimous decision
sato via unanimous decision
kraus via second round TKO
chahid via unanimous decision
lim via unanimous decision
lee via unanimous decision
buakaw via second round KO
masato via decision
meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Re: K-1 World Max Final 16

Postby Krazypoison » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 am

...che te lo dico a fare...
Krazypoison
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.