Close
Login
Register

jitsu injuries

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

jitsu injuries

Postby mrfurlupple » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 am

i know rib injuries are fairly common, but anyone ever deal with hip troubles? this past week, i went to bridge out of side control, and my hip popped out kinda. now, it seems like when i do certain motions with my leg, it somewhat pops out, and i have to extend it fully to pop it back in. it doesn't hurt when i do it, but definitely hinders my performance.

anyone ever deal with this? or have any tips?
mrfurlupple
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Re: jitsu injuries

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 pm

never dealt with hip trouble...i get shoulder problems often though
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby mrfurlupple » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 pm

so went to jits class, and it feels a bit better. it's weird, it's still kinda popping out, but it's almost like it's popping smoother, as if i'm becoming double jointed or something, like i'm evolving :shock:

but so when it was slightly popping out today, it felt kinda natural, and it was popping back in on it's own. weird.

long story short, it feels better :D
mrfurlupple
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby NoneSoVile » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 pm

:lol:

Dude you might be able to use this...injury? advancement? :lol: to your advantage!!

You still might want to get it checked, just to be safe. Shit doesnt have to hurt to make it bad!
Image Image
NoneSoVile
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevenalexander84 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 am

I don't have any hip problems, but I'm dealing with some bruised ribs right now. You might get that hip checked out. That doesn't sound good.
ImageImage
stevenalexander84
White Belt
White Belt

Postby sammcl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:36 am

Never had hip problems...plenty of knee ones though, I've dislocated my knee, and torn the meniscus in my other knee, I've never even heard of hip problems to be honest. Best route is get it checked out.
Sig Bets: 1 - 0
sammcl
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby mrfurlupple » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:08 am

stevenalexander84 wrote:I don't have any hip problems, but I'm dealing with some bruised ribs right now. You might get that hip checked out. That doesn't sound good.

yea i know a few people at the gym that are having rib troubles. heard it's pretty painful. :(
mrfurlupple
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:51 pm

mrfurlupple wrote:
stevenalexander84 wrote:I don't have any hip problems, but I'm dealing with some bruised ribs right now. You might get that hip checked out. That doesn't sound good.

yea i know a few people at the gym that are having rib troubles. heard it's pretty painful. :(

my buddy from the rubber guard video i posted is out for 3 weeks with a rib injury right now
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby stevenalexander84 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 am

mrfurlupple wrote:

They suck especially when your being used as a dummy to show what someone is doing wrong.
ImageImage
stevenalexander84
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Hud085 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

I just recenly tore my hip flexor. It took 4-6 weeks to heal an usually comes about when i havent stretched properly or havent been working on my flexibility. My hip pops and clicks too just means your loading your hip and demmanding alot of thrust. Id get it checked cause if you keep tearing it you may need surgery to have it sorted.
Hud085
White Belt
White Belt

Postby exsanguinator » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:03 pm

I've never had hip problems... I hurt my knee a while ago though and it's still fucked.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Return to Ground Game