Close
Login
Register

JIM GENIA! The improvement of this site is no longer...

Suggestions, Comments, Complaints, and Questions

JIM GENIA! The improvement of this site is no longer...

Postby blackmetalcarson » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:17 pm

...in the hands of the posters here.

While I understand that there are some things that us as Linkers can do to make this forum a more pleasant experience, I also understand that a lot of it is out of our hands. The entire time since the takeover, I've not seen one shred of responsibility taken from the people that took over. They posted a couple threads, asked for our help, and then what did they do? Not a goddamn thing.

Has anyone seen the Upcoming Events page? It's a fucking joke. I think that alone could be a reference point to just how out of date and just how fucking mediocre this site as a whole has become. Whatever you want to blame for this site becoming stale (AGF, trolls, etc) it's time to finally point the finger at the people who have done fuck all. They fucked the site up with the layout, which is optional, but at the same time was not necessary at all.

The last good thing that happened here was the joining of Ker who happens to be a quality poster. We need more quality posters! It's not all us driving them away! It's the owners! It's time they get off their asses, and do something about it for once. Start listening to the people! The emergence of ONE quality poster in the last couple months is not enough!
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Re: JIM GENIA! The improvement of this site is no longer...

Postby PBells » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:54 am

This is what they do, apparently. They buy fledgling sports sites, copy-and-paste their logo and layout over it, and then leave to repeat the process with another website.
Rear Naked Choke > Dana's Angels

Except Ronda:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PBells

Accolades: June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Sep. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, July 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, June 2018 Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby philphan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:14 am

PsychoBells wrote:This is what they do, apparently. They buy fledgling sports sites, copy-and-paste their logo and layout over it, and then leave to repeat the process with another website.

Would it be crazy for them to give Dread or Rico access to upload things to the server or to make some of the changes
Bill is talking about?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby jjmmajkd » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:24 am

philphan wrote:
PsychoBells wrote:This is what they do, apparently. They buy fledgling sports sites, copy-and-paste their logo and layout over it, and then leave to repeat the process with another website.

Would it be crazy for them to give Dread or Rico access to upload things to the server or to make some of the changes
Bill is talking about?

dread has been emailing about that all the time and he hardly if ever gets any reply
jjmmajkd
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: First "Guess da Linka" Champion
WAG Champion
First Video Mod
Served on the front lines during the "Asian Invasion"
Made the Zuffa Video Threads
Banned 6RANDON1POSEY9

Postby SDpadre19 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Don't worry guys, I'l buy Linker soon.
SDpadre19
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby DannyRocktown » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:58 am

sdbolt86 wrote:Don't worry guys, I'l buy Linker soon.

When you do that.. look through the "Which Mod has Sucked a Dick" Thread and pick out your new Admins.

ImageImageImage
DannyRocktown
Admin

Accolades: Feb. 2016 MMALINKER Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby DreadLobster » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:03 am

First off... Bill, thank you for this thread. I've been bringing this up every time someone tries to say "(insert poster here) is the reason this site is going to shit."

The site going to shit is the reason the site is going to shit. :lol:

I have nothing against Jim, he seems like a nice guy. No idea what everyone's actual job titles are, but it seems like he is more of a middle man, usually passes our requests off to other people to deal with it. Its just frustrating when people bitch us out for shit we have no control over whatsoever.

jjmmajkd wrote:
philphan wrote:

Bill is talking about?

dread has been emailing about that all the time and he hardly if ever gets any reply

They typically respond... They don't however fix most of what I ask them about (fightwiki, upcoming events, the general shitty layout and functionality of the site, etc). There's been a few issues where they're very quick to help, and others that have been broken since last summer with zero progress.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby philphan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:12 am

DreadLobster wrote:First off... Bill, thank you for this thread. I've been bringing this up every time someone tries to say "(insert poster here) is the reason this site is going to shit."

The site going to shit is the reason the site is going to shit. :lol:

I have nothing against Jim, he seems like a nice guy. No idea what everyone's actual job titles are, but it seems like he is more of a middle man, usually passes our requests off to other people to deal with it. Its just frustrating when people bitch us out for shit we have no control over whatsoever.

jjmmajkd wrote:
philphan wrote:

Bill is talking about?

They typically respond... They don't however fix most of what I ask them about (fightwiki, upcoming events, the general shitty layout and functionality of the site, etc). There's been a few issues where they're very quick to help, and others that have been broken since last summer with zero progress.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why.

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Darren Till, Alexey Kunchenko, Patricky Freire, Magomed Ankalaev,Rafael Lovato
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby KOdestruction » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

I don't know what those guys at Rebellion are doing. If you click on the RMSports link on our homepage that takes you to rmsports.com, All the links on that front page are from like mid-october. Why aren't they updating their sports stuff.

Meanwhile, they recently came out with this so that's good....
"When i have sex, I'm always thinkin 'bout the pavement so i can avoid premature ejaculation"
KOdestruction

☺

Accolades: Survivor

Postby DreadLobster » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Well I can't find the fights or news I want but at least I can track my period. Thank god.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby blackmetalcarson » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 pm

DreadLobster wrote:Well I can't find the fights or news I want but at least I can track my period. Thank god.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just almost fucking died!
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby WandyCroCop » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:03 pm

I think the reason nothing is being done is because there is incentive.. this site simply doesn't bring in enough traffic which means this site doesn't make the Rebellion guys very much money. Rebellion owns like 5 or 6 MMA sites... and I'm pretty sure they're all doing better than this one lol. So.... we can either start recruiting and getting some more traffic going (that means making quality posts too..) or just let it die. Without us giving the Rebellion guys a bigger a paycheck, there's not a reason for them to do anything about this site.
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

http://www.getmoresports.com
WandyCroCop
5th Professional Linker Victory

Postby KOdestruction » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:04 am

WandyCroCop wrote:I think the reason nothing is being done is because there is incentive.. this site simply doesn't bring in enough traffic which means this site doesn't make the Rebellion guys very much money. Rebellion owns like 5 or 6 MMA sites... and I'm pretty sure they're all doing better than this one lol. So.... we can either start recruiting and getting some more traffic going (that means making quality posts too..) or just let it die. Without us giving the Rebellion guys a bigger a paycheck, there's not a reason for them to do anything about this site.

The irony of the situation is that without them doing anything about the site, we can't do much to make them more money.

How did you find this site? Presumably like most of us did: looking for mma videos. Our video section is mostly in shambles and we have next to no control over that.
The front page lookin terribly generic and unattractive: we have next to no control over that.
Members constantly getting logged off: we have next to no control over that.

Say we somehow completely eradicated all bad posts and trolling from the site. The best that could do is keep the current members happy but I doubt it would bring in a significant of new members.
If you can't find our website while looking for fight videos or news on upcoming fights and it doesn't even show up til page four of google when you look up "MMA Forum", how do we expect to attract new members aka more revenue for Rebellion?
"When i have sex, I'm always thinkin 'bout the pavement so i can avoid premature ejaculation"
KOdestruction

☺

Accolades: Survivor

Postby DannyRocktown » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Looks like it's time to start up Rocktown Sports Media. Honestly wonder how much they'd sell it for :?: :?:

ImageImageImage
DannyRocktown
Admin

Accolades: Feb. 2016 MMALINKER Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby WandyCroCop » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:19 pm

DannyRocktown wrote:Looks like it's time to start up Rocktown Sports Media. Honestly wonder how much they'd sell it for :?: :?:

Ask them! Lol..

But hey.. what do you guys say about recruiting? More members = more traffic = more money = more incentive to fix site.
Gfycat Video - Click to Play

http://www.getmoresports.com
WandyCroCop

Next

Return to Site Feedback & Assistance