Close
Login
Register

Itch After Grappling?

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Itch After Grappling?

Postby 2ys » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I went to a BJJ class for the first time in a long time a few days ago. I went to a new gym to try it out and see how I liked it, went to the nogi class. I sweat a lot, came home, took a shower not too long after, and went to bed. The next day when I went outside and it's hot out, very quickly I felt a slight sweat (not visible at all) and also began itching like crazy.

This has continued since. Whenever I begin to sweat or just randomly I start to feel this needle-like itch. It is mainly in areas that were exposed when I was grappling, such as hands, feet/ankles, lower legs, face, and lower arms, as all I was wearing was a shirt, shorts, and boxer briefs.

It's driving me crazy because I can't do anything physical or even stay outside for more than 2 minutes (I live in a hot area) without breaking out in this unbearable itch.

I would say maybe it's this new soap I've been using, but I have been using it for weeks before this happened and had no problems. However, I have started using a different laundry detergent.

If you think you know what might be the issue or solution please help!

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Does God exist?
Christian Philosopher vs 1 of the 4 Horsemen of New Atheism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8
2ys
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Itch After Grappling?

Postby exsanguinator » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:37 pm

It could be the new detergent but to be on the safe side I would get an antiseptic ointment or something just to be sure cause staph sucks.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby GodzillaMMA700 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

I def go to the doc. Is there any type of rash or something? Could be ringworm too. It's pretty common.
Dismantle the ground they stand on
Give power a name
You've traveled the path of slander
Now bury the shame

Shed rejection
Learn to follow the wolves
GodzillaMMA700
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GodzillaMMA700 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Or take a warm bath with some bleach in it and soak for about 30 min. Then shower off.
Dismantle the ground they stand on
Give power a name
You've traveled the path of slander
Now bury the shame

Shed rejection
Learn to follow the wolves
GodzillaMMA700
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Ground Game