Close
Login
Register

Iron Gym

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

Iron Gym

Postby TKDfighter » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

So what do you guys think of the Iron Gym? In case you are unfamiliar it is the removable pull up/chin up bar with the arms to brace it against the frame instead of drilling holes for brackets in your walls. My 15 year old son asked for one and I told him I have to check it out first. We already have in our workout room, 15, 20, 25 lb dumbells, full olympic weight bench with 300 lb of steel, perfect pushups, a set of resistance bands and a big ass ball for some misc exercises. We do not have a chin up bar and was wondering should I get the iron gym with all the other stuff we have or if i should just get a traditional chin up bar. What do you guys think?
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
- Benjamin Franklin
TKDfighter
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Iron Gym

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 pm

if you already have a room dedicated strictly to workout stuff i think id just go with a traditional one
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby TKDfighter » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 am

ThirdCoastCombat wrote:if you already have a room dedicated strictly to workout stuff i think id just go with a traditional one

That is what I was thinking but we might try to rearrange the room and just put in a power tower. Thanks for your input.
"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."
- Benjamin Franklin
TKDfighter
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ScornDefeat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:57 pm

I would imagine that it would be ok for strict pull-ups, but I'd be wary if you do anything more experimental like anything involving swinging.
ScornDefeat
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby ryyonvin » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 pm

my girlfriend has this, and besides pull-ups it really doesnt do too much else. The push-ups are ok but I think you can suffice with regular ones. The crunch thing is horrible along with the dips. The only positive thing I can say is the ab slings it comes with. But then again you can just buy them seperately and hang them anywhere.
Wrestlers are like cockroaches, you put them on their back and they die.

I AM THE TRUE SHOGUN OF MMALINKER!!!!
ryyonvin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Location: armbarring Shadowmoses while he cries like a girl in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Postby ShadowMoses42 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:54 pm

ryyonvin wrote:my girlfriend has this, and besides pull-ups it really doesnt do too much else. The push-ups are ok but I think you can suffice with regular ones. The crunch thing is horrible along with the dips. The only positive thing I can say is the ab slings it comes with. But then again you can just buy them seperately and hang them anywhere.

i have one too...its useful but nothing special...honestly it feels like im breaking my door when i do pullups with it...
We will always remember you for your undeniable logic in every single instance ever; there is now an empty void in all of our hearts that can never again be filled, unless it is with your unequivocal passion and love
ShadowMoses42
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Location: making ryyonvin cry with his superior BJJ skills in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

iron gym

Postby asianbeef » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

wondering if anyone uses this.
I grabbed on couple days ago and found out my door frame is too thin and also believe the door trim on the top is too thin.
I was thinking of grabbing a piece of wood and nailing it on top etc.
any suggestions ?
asianbeef
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Gear and Equipment