Close
Login
Register

Ideas?

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Ideas?

Postby agonzalez1 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:16 am

So how can we make a more specific home to K-1 and Boxing itself?

Separate, but equal forums? IDK about another site..b/c that's really beyond my control...
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Re: Ideas?

Postby Iceman54 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:11 pm

i Actually like this how it is it makes it easy acess
hawdrigoh wrote:Linker is the best site. Hands down. It doesn't need "a chance". Anyone that thinks otherwise can fuck right off.

PBells wrote:
AXEMELL wrote:Dave Mayhew ‏@Creamjack138 17 Jun 2015 View translation
MMALINKER? more like NGRFGTLINKER
Well in that case, fuck him, his wife, and his kid. :lol:
Iceman54
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Master Detective, Former HW Champion
April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion
June 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby agonzalez1 » Tue May 12, 2009 1:35 am

yeah so maybe separating them...we have all those diff training ones I suppose, why not this one...

maybe also have a subforum for posting boxing links.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby batangastig » Tue May 12, 2009 9:35 pm

yeah im with iceman in that i like it where it is right now, but i was just wondering if it was possible if we could include videos in this forum
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jinzo » Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm

tottenham19 wrote:
batangastig wrote:yeah im with iceman in that i like it where it is right now, but i was just wondering if it was possible if we could include videos in this forum

good idea! i always see boxing and k-1 videos come up on the main page but, what does that have to do with mma right? own library for this forum would be sweet.

Brilliant Idea. I would probably spend more time on this boxing vid section in the forum than conky'scorner. I hope he doesn't read this. :lol:
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kushfight » Thu May 21, 2009 4:40 pm

I really enjoy the K-1/Boxing forum here, but, There are not enough people who like to respond and contribute to the forum (IT'S SHOWTIME 2009 only has 3 pages of discussion). If more MMA fans from this site watched K-1, shoot fighting, boxing etc... that wouldn't be the case. I think that having having it's own video library is a great idea also.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kushfight » Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

tottenham19 wrote:basically anyone who wants to discuss a certain combat sport goes to a said forum that focuses specifically on that sport. i come on MMALinker to discuss MMA, if i want to discuss K-1 i got to K-1Fans. i'm sure batangasig and emd01 are on sites specifically for discussing boxing as well.

True that I go to k-1fans.com also but I was just stating why I don't think this forum is big here, because most of the MMA fans from the site don't check up on K-1 and other combat sports, Or at the least don't check up on it on this site.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kushfight » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:08 am

We need to keep this forum alive! Barely anyone has been joining our K-1/boxing forum for a while, it seems like the same people are the ones posting everyday. We need more opinions, arguments, discussions, etc . . . To keep this forum alive. Should we post major K-1 event results such as K-1 max Final 8 results and K-1 WGP results on the "News From Around the Web" so more people view it, and maybe want to discuss it here on the forum? Or is that not in line for the MMA community?
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kushfight » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:51 pm

tottenham19 wrote:
kushfight wrote:We need to keep this forum alive! Barely anyone has been joining our K-1/boxing forum for a while, it seems like the same people are the ones posting everyday. We need more opinions, arguments, discussions, etc . . . To keep this forum alive. Should we post major K-1 event results such as K-1 max Final 8 results and K-1 WGP results on the "News From Around the Web" so more people view it, and maybe want to discuss it here on the forum? Or is that not in line for the MMA community?

it's been done before, i can remember someone posted the J-MAX results in daily news once.

I posted the K-1 WGP 2008 results on the daily news a while ago, though It may have been a different K-1 event, I'm not sure. I remember some people commenting on it how they don't watch K-1 but were interested. It may help a little bit, who knows though?
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Coffin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 am

Hosting some videos would help. I love boxing but have not seen many fights on the net. This is a great site I feel I can trust not to spam my email account. Most of the guys are cool too, you van share a different opinion but most dont try and get abusive (why people get aggresive because some one have a different opinion is beyond me)

What do you guys think about hosting some boxing videos now that boxinglinker is dead?

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open! " Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening. "

hawdrigoh wrote:Dong exposed himself to us today and I think I speak for everyone when I say I didn't mind it at all.

burtonboarder wrote:Are you asking what an Atheist believes in? The same things as you, real things, minus gullible superstitions.

ButterScotch talking dirty: "I expected a quick 30 second finish. Very impressive to restrain himself from unloading on the guy."
Coffin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby will09 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Coffin wrote:Hosting some videos would help. I love boxing but have not seen many fights on the net. This is a great site I feel I can trust not to spam my email account. Most of the guys are cool too, you van share a different opinion but most dont try and get abusive (why people get aggresive because some one have a different opinion is beyond me)

What do you guys think about hosting some boxing videos now that boxinglinker is dead?

i would def watch them
[URL=http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/GifDetails.aspx?gid=10000822&tid=100]Image
will09
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby kushfight » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I think we should have a fighter finder for K-1/Kickboxing fighters with their links/videos, like the one for MMA fighters on the front page of the site. We could also include boxers. I would not mind finding all of the fights I can and posting them. Right now we just have a "K-1/MAX video thread" with around 100 videos/links posted. It's a lot to ask I know, but it would be really cool and improve the forum a lot.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby conky149er » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm

i submit videos of K-1 fights isee but none of hte K-1 fighters are listed under the fighter list

i think a seperate list for K-1 fighters likehte one on the homepage for MMA figheters makes sense
conky149er
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Thickback » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 am

Is any of these ideas being considered? I'd love to watch my mma, boxing and k-1 videos all on this site.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby browneyedsamurai » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me!

I gotta have my K-1 8)
FS
2-0 sig bets
LHK

WILD BOYS ALWAYS SHINE

browneyedsamurai
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.