Close
Login
Register

I Need You Guys Help!

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

I Need You Guys Help!

Postby Xene » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Im looking for someone to train me with my ground game. I live in pensacola and i cant afford 100 - 200 dollars a month for an mma gym. My striking is pretty good but Ive got horrible ground game and i need help ASAP. I wanna take a my first fight next year but I want and need my ground game to be much better than it is. I hope you guys can help me out.
Kimbo Fan From Day 1
Xene
White Belt
White Belt

Re: I Need You Guys Help!

Postby exsanguinator » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:19 pm

We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby DimMak » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:31 pm

If you're talking about any serious competitions, you're going to need to get into a real gym.
DimMak
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Xene » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:43 am

all our gyms wany like 200 a month. i cant afford that
Kimbo Fan From Day 1
Xene
White Belt
White Belt

Postby DimMak » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:02 pm

If you can get into a gym on their cheapest package, you'll probably meet guys that would be willing to put in some time with you outside of the gym. I'm in the SF Bay Area and there are quite a few high quality gyms in this area and usually $200+ is a monthly fee on the more expensive packages. Most gyms have cheaper packages where you can come in once or twice a week instead of unlimited access.

In the last gym I was at, I didn't have unlimited access but I competed in as many competitions as I could. The coach saw that I was serious and he let me in the gym as often as I wanted because I competed. He liked how I took everything seriously.
DimMak
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Xene » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:13 am

i do take it extremely seriously. i heard of a tourney here in march or april for a free membership. Im gonna enter it. im 290-300 now but im gonna try and get to 220 or lower. i think i can make it. my ground game needs work but my wrestling is pretty good .
Kimbo Fan From Day 1
Xene
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Ground Game