Close
Login
Register

I'm a pure wrestler

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

I'm a pure wrestler

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:25 pm

If anyone wants and tips/hints go ahead and ask. I have been wrestling for 12 years now. Currently am with the Air Force trying to get in to the olympic's for greco roman, but i have doen all 3 styles for 12 years now. I can help with training methods/technique/good gyms. I have been trained under Joe Demayeo, Cael Sanderson, Camps with Dan Gable. 2 olympic champions. Was 2 time state champion once in New York for section 2.....(which is uncalled for) also for Flordia in my senior year.(9th grade i won my first in 145 pounds 12th grade i won my second in 185 pounds). I am a 2 time all american champion/beats of the east/greco roman all american once. Please any quetions on anything to do with wrestling ask me i will gladly help.
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: I'm a pure wrestler

Postby groundzero » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:01 pm

i would like some technique stuff mostly clinch things
make me a sig!
groundzero

Postby taichitoo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 pm

how do you apply your weight to someone?
i'm awful at keeping my weight on a guy if i'm in side control or something, it seems hard to have all your weight on their chest with yours even though you have your legs on the ground. do you have to physically push down with your chest?

Blame Canada (and GSP & JDToronto)

Grace is what matters... it keeps you from reaching for the gun too quickly, it keeps you open for more understanding.
taichitoo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby RanaWrestler » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Any tips on maintaining strength when dropping weight? What type of diet are you on or what excercises would help for that?

Thanks I'd appreciate the help.
RanaWrestler
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby fitchfan17 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

yes how can i beat jon jones?

sigbet record: 5-1

always love jon fitch, nick diaz, kurt pellegrino, and frankie edgar
fitchfan17
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 pm

groundzero wrote:i would like some technique stuff mostly clinch things

If you are doing folk style(highschool) wrestling anytime you find you self the clinch try and get double under hooks and trip for the takedown. If you find your self in a over under situation there are many elbow slips you can do to gain doubles again and if your having trouble still i would sugest taking some Judo classes judo works alot in the clinch and has many "legal tosses" for folk style wrestling that they take advantage of. If you would like some more indepth tech on the situation give me a scenerio i would gladly talk you through it
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby s8championjgh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:15 pm

roo223780 wrote:If anyone wants and tips/hints go ahead and ask. I have been wrestling for 12 years now. Currently am with the Air Force trying to get in to the olympic's for greco roman, but i have doen all 3 styles for 12 years now. I can help with training methods/technique/good gyms. I have been trained under Joe Demayeo, Cael Sanderson, Camps with Dan Gable. 2 olympic champions. Was 2 time state champion once in New York for section 2.....(which is uncalled for) also for Flordia in my senior year.(9th grade i won my first in 145 pounds 12th grade i won my second in 185 pounds). I am a 2 time all american champion/beats of the east/greco roman all american once. Please any quetions on anything to do with wrestling ask me i will gladly help.

you were a state champ ur freshmen and then in ur senior year? hmmmmm that's strange.

Also what's strange is that you wrestled in florida at 185 lbs. Seeing how the weight class is 189 lbs.

How about your name big guy. If you are who you say you are then you sure as hell will pop up on the internet..
"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
s8championjgh
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 pm

taichitoo wrote:how do you apply your weight to someone?
i'm awful at keeping my weight on a guy if i'm in side control or something, it seems hard to have all your weight on their chest with yours even though you have your legs on the ground. do you have to physically push down with your chest?

If you are in side control with there shoulder on the mat you should be locking a head and arm and going for the pin. By this i mean wraping your arm around one of there arm and head and hold on with everything you have. If they have a nice bridge you can turn your chest towards theres and press chest to chest and and keep cirleing around till you get in what i have been taught as a t off meaning you make almost a L shape with yours and his body. at the point when you are and the L shape there is no way for them to bridge and just press with all your might the head and arm and it is a eay pin.
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby beddotcom » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:17 pm

fffff
Last edited by beddotcom on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beddotcom
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby s8championjgh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 pm

beddotcom wrote:where do i learn how to wrestle if i didn't do it in high school or as an undergrad?

lol you don't.

Learning when your young is the way to go. Hard to pick up as you get older..
"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
s8championjgh
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:23 pm

RanaWrestler wrote:Any tips on maintaining strength when dropping weight? What type of diet are you on or what excercises would help for that?

My diet is the 50 percent protein diet half of what i eat is all protein. this helps with getting stronger but it will also build muscle mass. When i was in highschool 9th grade i dint eat much of anything my strength suffered because of it after that i decide to not try and stick at a weight class but instead packed on as much muscle as i could and bumped up. I understand you might not want to face the person on your team that is going to be in that weight class but it was something i felt i needed to do every situation is differant if you really want to stay at your weight class and are 2-4 percent body fat i would suggest doing extreme cardio workouts if you have enough heart and can outlast the person your against you shold be fine.
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:24 pm

s8championjgh wrote:
roo223780 wrote:If anyone wants and tips/hints go ahead and ask. I have been wrestling for 12 years now. Currently am with the Air Force trying to get in to the olympic's for greco roman, but i have doen all 3 styles for 12 years now. I can help with training methods/technique/good gyms. I have been trained under Joe Demayeo, Cael Sanderson, Camps with Dan Gable. 2 olympic champions. Was 2 time state champion once in New York for section 2.....(which is uncalled for) also for Flordia in my senior year.(9th grade i won my first in 145 pounds 12th grade i won my second in 185 pounds). I am a 2 time all american champion/beats of the east/greco roman all american once. Please any quetions on anything to do with wrestling ask me i will gladly help.

you were a state champ ur freshmen and then in ur senior year? hmmmmm that's strange.

Also what's strange is that you wrestled in florida at 185 lbs. Seeing how the weight class is 189 lbs.

How about your name big guy. If you are who you say you are then you sure as hell will pop up on the internet..

Alright tough guy i got it wron in 12th grade i was in NY and won my name is nate grahm youtube it fucking punk section 2 wrestled for RCS (ravena coeymans selkirk)
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby s8championjgh » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 pm

roo223780 wrote:
s8championjgh wrote:

Alright tough guy i got it wron in 12th grade i was in NY and won my name is nate grahm youtube it fucking punk section 2 wrestled for RCS (ravena coeymans selkirk)

changin the story. you said you won it in 9th in ny and 12th in florida @ 185. The weight class is 189 lbs punk.
s8championjgh
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby roo223780 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:29 pm

s8championjgh wrote:
roo223780 wrote:
s8championjgh wrote:

I weight 185 pounds all year go ahead youtube it you know what ill show you video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=10502487
roo223780
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby RanaWrestler » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 pm

roo223780 wrote:
RanaWrestler wrote:Any tips on maintaining strength when dropping weight? What type of diet are you on or what excercises would help for that?

My diet is the 50 percent protein diet half of what i eat is all protein. this helps with getting stronger but it will also build muscle mass. When i was in highschool 9th grade i dint eat much of anything my strength suffered because of it after that i decide to not try and stick at a weight class but instead packed on as much muscle as i could and bumped up. I understand you might not want to face the person on your team that is going to be in that weight class but it was something i felt i needed to do every situation is differant if you really want to stay at your weight class and are 2-4 percent body fat i would suggest doing extreme cardio workouts if you have enough heart and can outlast the person your against you shold be fine.

Sounds good man thanks for the tips
RanaWrestler
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to Ground Game