Close
Login
Register

how to make ur punch faster

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby maciejkargol » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:17 pm

supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....

DUDE, THIS IS LIKE DRAGON BALL Z :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SURVIVOR POOL CHAMPION
User avatar
maciejkargol
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 5795
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Mousasi's left nut.
Accolades: Survivor

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby kingomegared » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 am

supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....


thats how i strive to become, it would suck to fight manny :| wait a minute no it wont boxers get actual money :)
https://twitter.com/#!/Lastwurdz

Suicide?? No, I'd rather vacationcide and come back when it gets boring.
User avatar
kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate
 
Posts: 19191
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:01 am
Location: in the zone

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby armdawg37 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....

I shit myself.
User avatar
armdawg37
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4510
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: Compton

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby Heaven Knight » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:59 am

shadow boxing while holding weights has help improve my punching speed and power
"The Truth"(10-3)
Image
FB Anti-Florini Pinocchio Nose
Official Frank Mir of Linker
User avatar
Heaven Knight
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2311
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 am
Location: MMALinker.com

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby Legitsu » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 am

maciejkargol wrote:
supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....

DUDE, THIS IS LIKE DRAGON BALL Z :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


that's literally the same thing i was thinking
Daniel Cormier=Black Fedor=BLEDOR! (copy rited term)

Sigbet record
2-2

Deathclutch is tapout for fat people.
Legitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:28 am
Location: Mississippi, Close enough to Memphis

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby Rampage22 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 am

Going off that Manny video I'd say Hatton got off lightly!!
Image
User avatar
Rampage22
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:03 am

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby daredevi1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 am

speed bag inst really for hand speed,its for rhythm(i.e its called speed bag coz bag moves fast not the hands)

For pure hand speed your best bet is shadow boxing,shadow boxing really slow to really fast,and punching heavy bag in a same manner really slow and progress to really fast,then do it in intervals like:

Slow* 15-20 secs >fastest 10 sec >stop 10 sec> fastest 10 sec >slow* 15-20 sec>fastest 10 sec > stop 10 sec ...etc

*Slow and powerful,that means you do punches with longer interval,but punches are still very fast by themselves,think of it like KO power punch

interval exercise is most advanced and the point of is to train you explosive strength and muscle speed while getting muscle memory for punching,slow tempo but powerful(speed+strength)punches,and high frequency light punches are really more correlated than you may think.

Just one thing to mention,if you really wont high hand speed you must not put much muscle on your arms,especially with weights,because weights will give you staying(?) strength(i don't know how this term is called in English)

You must find good mixture of both,so if you weight lift,always stretch and do explosive strength exercise for the same muscle group you did on weights immediately after it.

Few explosive strength exercises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jc-HCVAD0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWv8UXvICU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5cr0Y1z5M
Image
User avatar
daredevi1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby Mr.Ultimate » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm

maciejkargol wrote:
supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....

DUDE, THIS IS LIKE DRAGON BALL Z :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

the TRUE warrior workout

I DONT CARE, IM STILL FREE. YOU CANT TAKE THE SKY FROM ME..

Need a good book to read for Christmas? Come check out The Guide below!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Guide-Justin- ... B019C3VF0O
User avatar
Mr.Ultimate
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 7465
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:32 am

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby JiuJitsu07 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:06 pm

red_donn wrote:
ChronicMike wrote:
Archaxe wrote:
supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....


:Holy:


HOLY CRAP


That's not speed, I think his right hand simply disappears from reality, exits the space-time continuum, and emerges again at the point of his choosing. Manny is the missing link between quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity.


dude seriously i was thinking it disappeared for a little...that is crazy
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water

BJ Penn
Shogun FS!!!!
Randy
JiuJitsu07
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby ShadowMoses42 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:42 pm

supermanpunch wrote:you have to be born poor and eventually become the #1 p4p fighter.
watch this....


damn...shit is crazy...
We will always remember you for your undeniable logic in every single instance ever; there is now an empty void in all of our hearts that can never again be filled, unless it is with your unequivocal passion and love
Image
User avatar
ShadowMoses42
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:09 am
Location: making ryyonvin cry with his superior BJJ skills in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby CCMAR » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:32 pm

Heaven Knight wrote:shadow boxing while holding weights has help improve my punching speed and power


I hear thats one of the dumbest things you can do when trying to improve your speed and power. 16oz Gloves should be good enough for weight on your hands to practise with. I forget where or whom said it on here, but there was a post regarding this.
LHK
HW - AO
LHW - Jones, Machida
MW - V. Belfort, Hendo
WW - GSP
LW - Aldo, K-Flo
FW - Sudo
User avatar
CCMAR
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:02 pm

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby red_donn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 pm

CCMAR wrote:
Heaven Knight wrote:shadow boxing while holding weights has help improve my punching speed and power


I hear thats one of the dumbest things you can do when trying to improve your speed and power. 16oz Gloves should be good enough for weight on your hands to practise with. I forget where or whom said it on here, but there was a post regarding this.


I've found it to be helpful, as have many others. There was a post that described it in hyperbolic terms ("flow like water & crash like lightning" or something to that effect) and got flamed a bit for that, but after using weights I noticed improvements in many areas.
Liked this post? Check out the best writers from our very own Linker at "The Sheep's Pen"
User avatar
red_donn
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 8690
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby ryyonvin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:39 am

CCMAR wrote:
Heaven Knight wrote:shadow boxing while holding weights has help improve my punching speed and power


I hear thats one of the dumbest things you can do when trying to improve your speed and power. 16oz Gloves should be good enough for weight on your hands to practise with. I forget where or whom said it on here, but there was a post regarding this.


holding excessive weight in your hands like anything over 5lbs is not beneficial and you will run the risk of injury. But holding light weights is actually great and really develops speed over time. I highly recommend this to anyone trying to improve quickness in their punches.
Image
Wrestlers are like cockroaches, you put them on their back and they die.

I AM THE TRUE SHOGUN OF MMALINKER!!!!
User avatar
ryyonvin
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2339
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:52 am
Location: armbarring Shadowmoses while he cries like a girl in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby Coffin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 pm

daredevi1 wrote:speed bag inst really for hand speed,its for rhythm(i.e its called speed bag coz bag moves fast not the hands)

For pure hand speed your best bet is shadow boxing,shadow boxing really slow to really fast,and punching heavy bag in a same manner really slow and progress to really fast,then do it in intervals like:

Slow* 15-20 secs >fastest 10 sec >stop 10 sec> fastest 10 sec >slow* 15-20 sec>fastest 10 sec > stop 10 sec ...etc

*Slow and powerful,that means you do punches with longer interval,but punches are still very fast by themselves,think of it like KO power punch

interval exercise is most advanced and the point of is to train you explosive strength and muscle speed while getting muscle memory for punching,slow tempo but powerful(speed+strength)punches,and high frequency light punches are really more correlated than you may think.

Just one thing to mention,if you really wont high hand speed you must not put much muscle on your arms,especially with weights,because weights will give you staying(?) strength(i don't know how this term is called in English)

You must find good mixture of both,so if you weight lift,always stretch and do explosive strength exercise for the same muscle group you did on weights immediately after it.

Few explosive strength exercises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jc-HCVAD0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIWv8UXvICU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5cr0Y1z5M


Great post. Those exercises are a lot harder than they look too. I tried doing 4 sets of 25 and failed on the last set. Damn I am going to have to work on these. They seem to exercise a greater range of movement which I have to admit I have neglected for some time.
Image

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open! " Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening. "

hawdrigoh wrote:Dong exposed himself to us today and I think I speak for everyone when I say I didn't mind it at all.


burtonboarder wrote:Are you asking what an Atheist believes in? The same things as you, real things, minus gullible superstitions.

ButterScotch talking dirty: "I expected a quick 30 second finish. Very impressive to restrain himself from unloading on the guy."
User avatar
Coffin
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:57 am

Re: how to make ur punch faster

Postby ryotostpierre » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm

ryyonvin wrote:use a resistance band.


Truth this is good advice to listen to. Weights especially when used as freely as shadow boxing present all sorts of problems on your joints from hyper extending to just more wear and tear than you want Resistance bands will do a lot for you and are pretty easy to obtain and use, with the only risk being snapping it back into your eye....at which point in time be prepared for others to laugh at you.
RSP bitches!
ryotostpierre
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stand Up

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users