Close
Login
Register

Horiguchi vs Cejudo

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Who wins this fight that will never happen because Dana has no balls to copromote?

Poll runs till Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm

Cejudo
20%
Horiguchi
80%

Total votes : 5

Horiguchi vs Cejudo

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:03 pm

This is a hypothetical fight. UFC will never co promote again as that might show that they indeed do not have the best fighters in the world as they claim.

With that said

Who wins in a fight right now. Horiguchi or Cejudo and why?

Personally I think Cejudo gets ass blasted by Horiguchi via whatever he wants. Horiguchi is much faster, strong, better cardio, quicker, etc. His striking is leagues and leagues ahead of Cejudo and he hits much harder than anyone Cejudo has faced.

I highly doubt Cejudo could outwrestle Horiguchi but to me that is his one route to win

Your thoughts? Who wins this hypothetical fight and why?
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Horiguchi vs Cejudo

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:45 pm

That's a real hoot of a question.

My heart says Horiguchi and my head wants to lean that way but Hank has improved at such an impressive rate and it appears he's been blessed with the Mexican fighting spirit. Horiguchi is the more well-rounded fighter and also keeps getting better though...I can't really say anything other than this would be a great fight.

One thing is for sure, Dana is a bald goof.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby abcd » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:18 pm

Even though he lost to mega mouse
Cejudo gets better every fight
And the mofo has heart

Gold medal by tko somehow someway
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Accolades: Fantasy Draft C-League Champion: May 2018 (Final)

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:29 am

Cejudo is envoking karma with his crazy talk, its like he wants to get Luked or Conorized by his next opponent. Its not a good look and has never worked for anyone in the history of history.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby abcd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:58 am

DeceptaCon wrote:Cejudo is envoking karma with his crazy talk, its like he wants to get Luked or Conorized by his next opponent. Its not a good look and has never worked for anyone in the history of history.

He thinks he beat mighty mouse ..... but I don't think he's as arrogant as Luke or Connor . The midget might rein for a while I thinx
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:11 am

Whorey-goochy knocks the fuck out of Cringejudo
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 am

Do you guys wanna learn something else this week?

Who can tell me what Cejudo means in spanish without googling it?

Bushy Brows lol
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:49 am

PBells wrote:Whorey-goochy knocks the fuck out of Cringejudo

Triple C

Captain Cringe Cejudo

Gets KO'd

And I eat Ramen to celebrate
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby slevin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:11 pm

hawdrigoh wrote:That's a real hoot of a question.

My heart says Horiguchi and my head wants to lean that way but Hank has improved at such an impressive rate and it appears he's been blessed with the Mexican fighting spirit. Horiguchi is the more well-rounded fighter and also keeps getting better though...I can't really say anything other than this would be a great fight.

One thing is for sure, Dana is a bald goof.

I agree with this, I have to see Kyoji fight better guys. Someone like Pitbull, Aruchuleta would be good tests to see where Kyoji would stack up with Cejudo. Seeing how Kyoji struggled with Darrion's wrestling, I think Cejudo might be a tall order. Darrion is bigger, but Cejudo isnt small, he is thick. On top of that he is a better wrestler than Caldwell.

I give the striking advantage to Kyoji given how Cejudo seemed reluctant to exchange with Sergio, but if the two of them clinch up. Then Cejudo will get the better of the clinch exchanges.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby abcd » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:03 pm

He went toe to toe with mighty mouse
Knocked out one of the best strikers p4p while he was on steroids
And took everything moraes the asssin had before finishing him

But you think horiguchi is more well rounded? you stupid or a hater.

Cejudo takes horiguchis soul inside 3.

I guess we can't sigbet but cejudo is the next bones jones.his worst enemy is himself.
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am

abcd wrote:He went toe to toe with mighty mouse

I guess we can't sigbet but cejudo is the next bones jones.his worst enemy is himself.

Oh yes...the classic "if you disagree with me you are a hater" argument. It has won millions over throughout the millennia.

Toe to toe with Mighty mouse? lol. Sure thing. First time he went toe to toe he ended up facedown squealing for mercy after a knee to the body

The second fight his best offense was taking Johnson down and pinning him down in half guard....never daring to improve position or land ground and pound or go for submissions. He lost nearly every exchange on the feet. Johnson was clearly the better fighter on the feet and won that second fight even if you ignore his low kicks (which the judges clearly did)

so yeah toe to toe? sure thing. whatever you say

The TJ win was great. But p4p one of the best strikers in mma? yeah that's a massive reach. The dude refused to stand up with Lineker for fucks sake. TJ has great offensive striking but average defensive striking with a very chnny chin.

Moraes fight was a great win for Cejudo. As was the TJ one though obviously. Not denying that.

If they ever fight i will sigbet.

Nothing of what you said influenced anyone to think Cejudo is more well rounded. Like at all. Horiguchi can do it all. Cejudo does not have anywhere near the kicking defense horiguchi does nor the kicking arsenal nor anywhere close to as effective hands nor ground and pound nor hits near as hard and is much much slower and horiguchi has a much better submission game too.

If Cejudo can do what he did to mighty mouse, which is convince stupid judges that taking someone down and pinching them down in half guard like 5 times for a total of 2 minutes throughout a fight is landing enough offense to win a split decision, he might beat Horiguchi. that is his only avenue though.

Horiguchi landing a body kick and making cejudo squeal for mercy again is much more likely.

As we both agree on though this fight wont happen. I actually quite like Cejudo as a fighter despite his intentionally cringey personality. However he is calling out Uriah fuckoing Faber next and did so months before Faber knocked out Ricky Simon in his comeback fight. That is a great example of just how far away from happening this fight is. The UFC and Cejudo are interested in "money fights" for "entertainment value" so the chance they want to get a guy who has the belaltor bw belt and rizin bw belt to fight Cejudo to prove who the real best in the world is slim to none.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Survivor (x3)

Postby abcd » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Mr Meow wrote:

Oh yes...the classic "if you disagree with me you are a hater" argument. It has won millions over throughout the millennia.

Toe to toe with Mighty mouse? lol. Sure thing. First time he went toe to toe he ended up facedown squealing for mercy after a knee to the body

The second fight his best offense was taking Johnson down and pinning him down in half guard....never daring to improve position or land ground and pound or go for submissions. He lost nearly every exchange on the feet. Johnson was clearly the better fighter on the feet and won that second fight even if you ignore his low kicks (which the judges clearly did)

The TJ win was great. But p4p one of the best strikers in mma? yeah that's a massive reach. The dude refused to stand up with Lineker for fucks sake. TJ has great offensive striking but average defensive striking with a very chnny chin.

Moraes fight was a great win for Cejudo. As was the TJ one though obviously. Not denying that.

Nothing of what you said influenced anyone to think Cejudo is more well rounded. Like at all. Horiguchi can do it all. Cejudo does not have anywhere near the kicking defense horiguchi does nor the kicking arsenal nor anywhere close to as effective hands nor ground and pound nor hits near as hard and is much much slower and horiguchi has a much better submission game too.

If Cejudo can do what he did to mighty mouse, which is convince stupid judges that taking someone down and pinching them down in half guard like 5 times for a total of 2 minutes throughout a fight is landing enough offense to win a split decision, he might beat Horiguchi. that is his only avenue though.

Horiguchi landing a body kick and making cejudo squeal for mercy again is much more likely.

As we both agree on though this fight wont happen. I actually quite like Cejudo as a fighter despite his intentionally cringey personality. However he is calling out Uriah fuckoing Faber next and did so months before Faber knocked out Ricky Simon in his comeback fight. That is a great example of just how far away from happening this fight is. The UFC and Cejudo are interested in "money fights" for "entertainment value" so the chance they want to get a guy who has the belaltor bw belt and rizin bw belt to fight Cejudo to prove who the real best in the world is slim to none.

Listen Larry
This is America
We root for Americans
Even when we're wrong we keep going
Get it right
abcd
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:37 pm

abcd wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:

Listen Larry
This is America
We root for Americans
Even when we're wrong we keep going
Get it right

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair enough mr sir sir
Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby 320IDAVE » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Because Cejudo (bushy brows) and his background is totally a american
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion