Close
Login
Register

Holyfield filing a protest; Asks for our help

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Holyfield filing a protest; Asks for our help

Postby jaz_pagan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Pretty good interview with Evander Holyfield. He says he's filing a protest and wants everyone to help him by writing to the WBA (sending an email to them):

EVANDER HOLYFIELD: "THEY GOTTA UNDO WHAT THEY DONE ON THE 20TH"

"Well, it is disappointing and that's why there are rules and regulations. Hopefully, when we file a protest, we could get this overturned. That's the only thing that you can ask for when you won the fight hands down. I will make the plea to the WBA that hey, you gotta call it like you see it and I'm going to challenge them to get all of the other officials and tell them to look at this thing. I'm being realistic because it does not take a professional to see that one guy's small and the other is big and it's not like I ran from the guy. I'm the one that made the fight."

"Realistically, I know he is the champion so you have to clearly win the fight when you fight the champion. It’s not one of them things where you can try to win, shoot, 6 rounds and then try to let him catch up. After I won 6, then it was me trying to win the other 6 because he didn’t have an answer. He didn’t have a clue. Realistically, my whole thing is to get people that feel the same way I feel to call the WBA and write to them and tell them what you saw. This was not even close. If it was a controversial decision on my part, I could understand, but this was not controversial at all. It’s up to them. If you don’t believe I was winning, then listen to his corner and what they were telling him, 'Knock him out! You gotta knock him out to win this fight!' That’s pretty much what it was."

He also talks about a bunch of other stuff as he reminisces about his career. Nice read.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4042.html
jaz_pagan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Holyfield filing a protest; Asks for our help

Postby batangastig » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 pm

yeah holyfield should have taken that fight, but im not advocating holyfield trying to get that rematch with the giant boxer. holyfield should retire even if he needs the money, its not worth it.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby gigica1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:41 am

batangastig wrote:yeah holyfield should have taken that fight, but im not advocating holyfield trying to get that rematch with the giant boxer. holyfield should retire even if he needs the money, its not worth it.

man, i hate seeing legends like that...it's just sad
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby chiefhandsome2008 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah he should retire ASAP...theres gotta be other ways for him to make money
Favorite Fighters:
Mousasi, GSP, Jacare, Liddell, Aoki, Lauzon, Nick Diaz, Frank Shamrock, Cro Cop, Mir

Image Image
chiefhandsome2008
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:54 pm

I really want one or two of the Klitschko bros to beat Valuevs ass.
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.