Close
Login
Register

help-is it possible to learn BOXING at home?

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Re: help-is it possible to learn BOXING at home?

Postby karatemuaythai » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 am

Foster wrote:It helps alot but eventually you will have to find a place with sparring partners. If you plan on eventually finding a place to spar then fuck yeah shadow boxing, heavy bag training, and practicing techniques and learning at home makes alot of difference. Will you learn to be instinctive and predict opponents strikes, no. Will you be able to take a punch and not be flustered, no. But at least you'll have alot of other things down and your hand speed, cardio, power and accuracy can be much higher.

It's a slower and less effective way to train but it is beneficiall especially when compared to doing jack and shit at home.

thanks,i am gona eventually a place with sparring partners,but at less for now just heavy bag and e.t.c

when the school starts-because is summer lot of sun and beach,hot as hell,i am gona be doing karate,judo and some kickboxing
Lyoto Machida: "Karate is back!"
GSP: "I’m very happy that I learned Karate when I was young."
Mike Ciesnolevicz: "Karate when taught the right way can be highly effective."

karatemuaythai
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 am

karatemuaythai wrote:
Foster wrote:It helps alot but eventually you will have to find a place with sparring partners. If you plan on eventually finding a place to spar then fuck yeah shadow boxing, heavy bag training, and practicing techniques and learning at home makes alot of difference. Will you learn to be instinctive and predict opponents strikes, no. Will you be able to take a punch and not be flustered, no. But at least you'll have alot of other things down and your hand speed, cardio, power and accuracy can be much higher.

It's a slower and less effective way to train but it is beneficiall especially when compared to doing jack and shit at home.

thanks,i am gona eventually a place with sparring partners,but at less for now just heavy bag and e.t.c

when the school starts-because is summer lot of sun and beach,hot as hell,i am gona be doing karate,judo and some kickboxing

How are the beaches in Portugal? are you from north or south?

Beaches here in Barcelona suck, we have spacial animals that don't exist in the rest of the world IE: we have the condomsquid, and the napkintuna. Both are more likely to give you aids/heptatis or some bogus shit like that if you touch them.

BTW Fuck Image :wink:

What ever we say it looks like you are trying to talk us out of it isntead of maybe appliying it to your own training.

Bieber isn't cool and neither are his fans :twisted:

Now, am i trolling or being serious? hard to tell maybe?

Also, i wasn't bashing your grammar i just didn't understand how no one tought you roundhouse kicks in MT :shock: it doesn't make much sense. Also in 2 years of Sparring i never got KTFO, specially by someone i could almost "fuck up" with an auto-didactic highkick.

Strange post all around, but you do look like a nice guy. :? think i'm gonna go have a smoke, see ya.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby karatemuaythai » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 am

320IDAVE wrote:
karatemuaythai wrote:

How are the beaches in Portugal? are you from north or south?

Beaches here in Barcelona suck, we have spacial animals that don't exist in the rest of the world IE: we have the condomsquid, and the napkintuna. Both are more likely to give you aids/heptatis or some bogus shit like that if you touch them.

BTW Fuck Image :wink:

What ever we say it looks like you are trying to talk us out of it isntead of maybe appliying it to your own training.

Bieber isn't cool and neither are his fans :twisted:

Now, am i trolling or being serious? hard to tell maybe?

Also, i wasn't bashing your grammar i just didn't understand how no one tought you roundhouse kicks in MT :shock: it doesn't make much sense. Also in 2 years of Sparring i never got KTFO, specially by someone i could almost "fuck up" with an auto-didactic highkick.

Strange post all around, but you do look like a nice guy. :? think i'm gonna go have a smoke, see ya.

lol i dont mind somebody troll me,besides i fuckyng hate justin bieber it was a joke,how can i like someone that has a vagina and dresses like a fruit?

aniway have a nice day and god trainings for you sir :wink:
Lyoto Machida: "Karate is back!"
GSP: "I’m very happy that I learned Karate when I was young."
Mike Ciesnolevicz: "Karate when taught the right way can be highly effective."

karatemuaythai
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby timbercutter » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

@ best you could only learn half the game.......working alone you will NEVER learn how to react, absorb and counter a strike.....without taking punishment you will never learn the levels of tolerence that you own..........
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby mmabearpig » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Man this whole site just got trolled
"You've got spunk kid - too bad its around your mouth and arse"

Sig bets 0-2
mmabearpig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Previous

Return to Stand Up