Close
Login
Register

help-is it possible to learn BOXING at home?

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Re: help-is it possible to learn BOXING at home?

Postby sathanas1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm

I seen the words weak punches and seen you had a picture of Michael Bisping.....but ya you could basically train a lot of technique if you have videos and such, but its gonna be really really hard to train any kind of reaction speed without proper training
sathanas1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby sathanas1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Could always learn a thing or two from Vitors video
sathanas1
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm

karatemuaythai wrote:ok man,i dont expect to be really god at it,i just whant to work a LOT of my punches at home try to learn something-like you said better then nothing and i am still gona be doing shito ryu-that is close-medium range

i still remeber when i did mt,i trained a lot of roundhose kicks at home-the teacher never teached me a roundhose kick and when i was sparring i almost fucked the dud with that but later i got ktfo

why dont you like justin bieber the guy is a badass?

karatemuaythai wrote:self defense purposes-karate+judo+boxing at home-god game,i just train for 2 reasons
1-because its fun
2-because i whant to figth really god

god video trough

WTF & Make your mind up.

Now really, Heavy bag is good & i myself should do more of it But you really need sparring to know if you are doing it wrong, if you practise something over and over again with out it being examinated somehow, you are for sure going to get bad habbits that will be hard to get rid of later on in your training/fighting life.

Karate isn't going to help since Karate guard is normally down at chest level or slightly higher. If you really want to learn Boxing train it properly. Im my honest opinion? Fuck that Karate shit and go Boxing all the way. (Unless you want one of those nice Black Belts witch i would understand)
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby MrBojan9les » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Come on... Can you learn to play baseball at home by yourself? Fuck no. You can swing a bat, you can throw a ball against a wall, but are you ever going to get to any kind of a competitive level...? Fuck no.

How can you expect to learn to box by yourself at home when boxing requires two people to spar? Anyone can hit a bag or shadow box, but if you want to get good at any sport you have to go do it.

So, I guess it depends on what you mean by "learn boxing." By my definition...as in, actually becoming good at it, then absolutely not. Maybe you could get a Wii and learn from that.

I steal forks from restaurants.
MrBojan9les
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby divineaage » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Even an untrained retard can KO you if your not careful lol. When it comes to street fights. It generally starts with a sucker punch, and everything that happens after that is so fast and messy that your little combos you practiced on your bag will probably do fuck all hehe

Some of the best practical street fighting ability I have learned, has been me and my buddies using our boxing gloves, wearing dirty old motorcycle helmets (cause we dont have headgear)and just trying to beat the fuck out of each other.

obviously any kind of training is better then none, but you get the point.
divineaage
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:06 pm

divineaage wrote:Even an untrained retard can KO you if your not careful lol. When it comes to street fights. It generally starts with a sucker punch, and everything that happens after that is so fast and messy that your little combos you practiced on your bag will probably do fuck all hehe

Some of the best practical street fighting ability I have learned, has been me and my buddies using our boxing gloves, wearing dirty old motorcycle helmets (cause we dont have headgear)and just trying to beat the fuck out of each other.

obviously any kind of training is better then none, but you get the point.

Real men don't use head guard. :wink:
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 pm

you can learn enough to be ineffective......the problem is obvious: You can never learn how to (or how you will?) respond to strikes.And it's real hard to actually learn (without live spar-training) how to block- strike or master any type of combo that includes a block position....why the fuck can't you find a sparring partner?...fuck, if all else fails, give a bum 10 clams and trade with him................
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby karatemuaythai » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:10 pm

lissen everibody,i think i shoudnt have said "boxing" i whent more like ,getting. faster,stronger punches,not achually learn boxing,just improve myself and my tecnice and yes waybe learn a thing or two,but i still pretend to do kickboxing or mt sometime-not just for now,being karate shit or not is up to me(dont give a shit about black belts,and the sign is just because it represents my life style) i now that karate as something to ofer me-kicks are good,and i dont achually like going on to a figth that coud be very easy being avoid and yes i now that some retardeds can ktfo if i am not careful enough

basicaly-better tecnices(and train some more new combos and waybe some other tipe of punches)get faster,stronger punches e.t.c
Lyoto Machida: "Karate is back!"
GSP: "I’m very happy that I learned Karate when I was young."
Mike Ciesnolevicz: "Karate when taught the right way can be highly effective."

karatemuaythai
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby karatemuaythai » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 pm

to much hate buddies,i guess the thingh i whant to now is how to train in the heavy bag in a certain that i achually can envolve as a "figther"

and for the record i achually am pretending to do kickboxing somethime,not just now-money
Lyoto Machida: "Karate is back!"
GSP: "I’m very happy that I learned Karate when I was young."
Mike Ciesnolevicz: "Karate when taught the right way can be highly effective."

karatemuaythai
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby mmabearpig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm

i still remeber when i did mt,i trained a lot of roundhose kicks at home-the teacher never teached me a roundhose kick and when i was sparring i almost fucked the dud with that but later i got ktfo

what?
"You've got spunk kid - too bad its around your mouth and arse"

Sig bets 0-2
mmabearpig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

mmabearpig wrote:i still remeber when i did mt,i trained a lot of roundhose kicks at home-the teacher never teached me a roundhose kick and when i was sparring i almost fucked the dud with that but later i got ktfo

what?

Yeah i didn't get that either but i didn't want to poin it out and look like i'm hatin' on him.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby mmabearpig » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:27 pm

karatemuaythai wrote:
divineaage wrote:You can absolutely learn a thing or 2 at home, and will obviously benefit from additional training of any kind really... But to really learn how to fight or...box watever... You need an opponent trying to hit you back.

besides is not like i whant to compete for now,and a heavy bag is a way better figther that un untrained retarded in the streets

Wrong ... wrong wrong, At least that untrained retard is making you react and move. Seriously you have no idea what your boxing will be like until you have a partner to spar with.
"You've got spunk kid - too bad its around your mouth and arse"

Sig bets 0-2
mmabearpig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby MuayCrim » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

karatemuaythai wrote:why dont you like justin bieber the guy is a badass?

I've come to realize this poster is either

A. a humongous fruitcake
B. the best troll ever
MuayCrim
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby teejeezy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 pm

I can't tell if this guy is serious or playing around? If you can't make it to a gym to find a real sparring partner, hit up craigslist or something to look for someone.
teejeezy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby annunaki » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:43 pm

are you having some issues at school? :wink:
here for the pharaohs kids

(yoseph) Diaz vs gsp(annunaki)
annunaki
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Stand Up