Mayweather
65%
Hatton
35%

Total votes : 20

Hatton Vs Mayweather

Postby st3ve_o » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:44 am

predictions?

i reckon ricky hatton wins by 6th round tko, either way mayweather doesn't have the power to knock hatton out, the only possible way mayweather can win is by a judges decision imo.

what i find strange though is how hatton is being given near no chance in winning by certain sections of the american media (and experts).

hatton is undefeated and a multi-world champion in different weight-classes his TKO record is also better than floyd's, so its kinda foolish to write him off.
st3ve_o
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby BRUCEBRUCE » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:46 pm

Fuck know!
pretty boy is reall deal
how can u bet against floyd??? is u dilusional/...
that fight witht he golden boy didnt even show half his skills, and plus. oscar had like 15 pounds on him at fight time.

ill sig bet u if u dare
BRUCEBRUCE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby mikepiv » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 pm

mayweather by unnanimous, i dont even think its arguable
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 am

It will be rigged for Mayweather to win anyways so who cares.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby dejavu1096 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:48 pm

Oldtoby420 wrote:It will be rigged for Mayweather to win anyways so who cares.

Please stop with this ignorant mma > boxing bullshit. They're both different sports and they're both enjoyable. And to say that Mayweather wins because of corruption is ridiculous. Mayweather practically outclasses everyone of his opponents with his right cross and tight defense. If the promoters actually rigged fights then they wouldn't have outside fighters like Bernard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather winning decisions.. they'd have more "exciting" fighters like Roy Jones Jr. or Oscar De La Hoya.
dejavu1096
White Belt
White Belt

Postby dejavu1096 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:57 pm

I guess it depends on Hatton's training. If Ricky Fatton keeps his diet the same then I can see him gassing out like he did in his last few fights so Floyd wins by unanimous decision. If he's in tip-top shape, I believe he can compete with Floyd's speed and give him a run for his money.
dejavu1096
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Ok sry didn't mean to be an ass but boxing just seems lame now days when a guy who holds how many belts can't KO / TKO the other guy so they go 15 rounds. Shit make it 7 or 9 rounds then we'll see who rly wants to win & give there all rather then wait it out for a descion win.

st3ve_o wrote:either way mayweather doesn't have the power to knock hatton out, the only possible way mayweather can win is by a judges decision imo.

No shit ditto on that.

BRUCEBRUCE wrote:that fight with the golden boy didnt even show half his skills, and plus. oscar had like 15 pounds on him at fight time.

Well next time maybe he should show all his skill & manage a KO / TKO if he fights Oscar again & well he had just as much time weigh in & add weight to be the same as Oscar no excuse there.

mikepiv wrote:mayweather by unnanimous, i dont even think its arguable

It's the only way I see him winning any fight anymore.

Yea Oscar De La Hoya has had some pretty lame ass opponents in the past I watched alot of his fights vs guys you practicaly knew no doubt he'd win before they both stepped into the ring.

I hope Hatton puts on a great action packed fight & KO's / TKO's Mayweather with in 7 rounds or at the least Mayweather get a KO / TKO plz idc to see him wait it out for the score cards like last few times.

Hatton > Mayweather
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby st3ve_o » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:44 pm

hatton is looking in great shape now, watched an interview with him last week on tv.

mayweather defiantly was lucky in his decision with oscar all he did really was smile/lean on the ropes and swing his arms around like a girl.

just like oscer said aftewards "to be the champ you've got to beat the champ" mayweather was on the back foot all the way through that fight and got the decision :roll:

i must admit, i too have some concerns for the judging, the fight is in america and it will be an american referee and we've seen in the past (on big occations) there seems to be that bias there on the BIG boxing fights in the US when someone from another country fights an american.

i remeber when lewis fought tyson in 2002, the ref took 1 point off lewis in round 2 without warning and also i feel if it went to a decision hatton wouldn't stand a chance anyway because it will be 3 american judges on the panel (or at least 2).

i don't think the fight will go to the judges though, as said i think hatton will have too much for mayweather (early to mid fight knockout).
st3ve_o
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby dejavu1096 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:00 pm

st3ve_o wrote:hatton is looking in great shape now, watched an interview with him last week on tv.

mayweather defiantly was lucky in his decision with oscar all he did really was smile/lean on the ropes and swing his arms around like a girl.

just like oscer said aftewards "to be the champ you've got to beat the champ" mayweather was on the back foot all the way through that fight and got the decision :roll:

i must admit, i too have some concerns for the judging, the fight is in america and it will be an american referee and we've seen in the past (on big occations) there seems to be that bias there on the BIG boxing fights in the US when someone from another country fights an american.

i remeber when lewis fought tyson in 2002, the ref took 1 point off lewis in round 2 without warning and also i feel if it went to a decision hatton wouldn't stand a chance anyway because it will be 3 american judges on the panel (or at least 2).

i don't think the fight will go to the judges though, as said i think hatton will have too much for mayweather (early to mid fight knockout).

Maybe if you scored it as an actual fight. If you score it as an actual boxing match, Oscar gassed himself out as he threw more punches, got rocked sometime in the early rounds, and Floyd outpointed him. Floyd wins the decision even though you don't like his outside fighting. I don't think Oscar ever had him in any trouble. And you could be a little right about the bias.. though it can't just be said for America though. Roy Jones Jr. got screwed by Korean judges :(
dejavu1096
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Jinzo » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Hatton by unanamous decision. Hatton will go on face Cotto.
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby dejavu1096 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:53 am

Hatton looked like shit in his last few fights. I'm sure that Mayweather hits ten times harder and is much faster than Luis Collazo. I think that Mayweather's style is a bad match-up for Hatton.
dejavu1096
White Belt
White Belt

Postby mikepiv » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:17 pm

floyd is too fast.
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby st3ve_o » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:53 pm

bhmessiah wrote:Mayweather by kicking hattons ass

you can't kick in boxing.
st3ve_o
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.