Close
Login
Register

GGG vs Geale

Discuss all other combat sports here.

GGG vs Geale

Postby PinoyPride » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:03 am

I read somewhere in the interwebz,when GGG defeats Geale he gets Froch...Froch is dead if that fight happens..
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Re: GGG vs Geale

Postby emd01 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 am

I think Geale is going to give GGG way more priblems than ppl think he will. I always count Froch out cus I really don't like him but I wouldnt be surprised if he messed around and KOed GGG. Froch always seems to do that shit...get the KO when noone expects him to remain conscious the whole night...gritty dude.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Thickback » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:38 pm

emd01 wrote:I think Geale is going to give GGG way more priblems than ppl think he will. I always count Froch out cus I really don't like him but I wouldnt be surprised if he messed around and KOed GGG. Froch always seems to do that shit...get the KO when noone expects him to remain conscious the whole night...gritty dude.

I'll go with this. I don't know much about Geale, but Froch is a tough SOB. And the jury is still out on GGG imo. He's a beast no doubt but he needs to fight some top level comp.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby emd01 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Thickback wrote:
emd01 wrote:I think Geale is going to give GGG way more priblems than ppl think he will. I always count Froch out cus I really don't like him but I wouldnt be surprised if he messed around and KOed GGG. Froch always seems to do that shit...get the KO when noone expects him to remain conscious the whole night...gritty dude.

I'll go with this. I don't know much about Geale, but Froch is a tough SOB. And the jury is still out on GGG imo. He's a beast no doubt but he needs to fight some top level comp.

Geale isnt great at anything but goid at everything. He has good defense, good feet and a nice right hand. Now I'm not saying he will win but he has the tools to make GGG look bad.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Thickback » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 pm

emd01 wrote:
Thickback wrote:

Geale isnt great at anything but goid at everything. He has good defense, good feet and a nice right hand. Now I'm not saying he will win but he has the tools to make GGG look bad.

I just watched Geale vs Barker..LMAO GGG is gonna wreck Geale!! I rather see GGG face Barker, who whooped Geale's ass. But, Geale will make him work for it with movement and by throwing his own combos.
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby emd01 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:28 am

Good fight and nice KO but for some reason...I still don't believe the hype. Theres just something about GGG that makes me think hes very beatable. I actually think Floyd would outbox this dude.

Now, I'm going to give you my reasons. First, GGGs speed is nothing to brag about. Second, his footwork isnt the greatest. Third, he was really throwing and missing some wildish shits against Geale. What was it like 5 punches Geale avoided before dropping his hands and showboating!?

Fighters that I think would fuck around and beat GGG-

Ward
Mayweather
Chavez jr
Froch...id live to see GGG 1 punch that stupid smirk off his face
Canelo

Now we won't see any of these fights because GGG will go after Cotto or a bum or someone at 154 and say its because noone will fight him.

You need a chin and good defense or a chin and the ability to keep GGG on the backfoot to stand a chance. Fight bavking up he will KO you. Thats one thing I do agree is world class...his power.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby PinoyPride » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:32 am

Geale quit....
PinoyPride
3 Account Ban Wins
3 Account Ban Wins

Postby Thickback » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Geale could've continued. He bitched out.

Anyway, Geale was actually outboxing GGG in spots and landing some stiff punches. But GGG was landing some hard ass shots when Geale couldn't slip his shots. And getting caught clean and still dropping a tough boxer like Geale with an off balance punch is NUTS!!

I do agree, Ward, Bhop, maybe Stevenson, def FLoyd would beat GGG. I think Bhop and FLoyd beats him with ease. I don't see Canelo or Cotto beating GGG. I think Geale has a good chance vs Cotto and would be a tough fight in a loss vs Canelo. Oh and Chavez Jr vs GGG would be PPV worthy becuz they'd stand nose to nose and throw nothing but BOMBS all fight. If Kirkland had a better chin, I'd give him a chance too but one sturdy hook from GGG and its night night. Too bad Martinez is shot. I wanted to see GGG vs a healthy Martinez.
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby DannyRocktown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 am

^^ Agreed with Thick and Pinoy. After that last knockdown, you can tell by his face that he didn't want anymore. GGG's an animal.

ImageImageImage
DannyRocktown
Admin

Accolades: Feb. 2016 MMALINKER Fantasy B-League Champion

Postby pithikos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:53 am

They better give him a big name soon. And lol at people thinking he cant box or his defense sucks because he is mixing it up lately, give him someone big and you ll see him boxing. GGG is 345-5 in his amateur fights and he won silver in the Olympics you dont do that with no defense and that certainly shows consistency. Its just that he has that much trust in his power and chin, as soon as he felt Geale cant hurt him he went in and made him quit, no one has done that to the former titleholder and still top 5 tough sob that is Geale. People believing Gennady is a hype job are out of their minds. Under 168 only Ward can give him a fight. Lol at Mayweather can beat him, he is too small to make it a fight and would not take that fight like ever. Cotto will not bite he s going after Canelo, too many times he took risks in his career taking all comers I think now in the twilight of his career and above his weightclass he will not even consider GGG before getting Canelo (maybe if he wins). GGG biggest foe is the business of boxing itself. They gonna keep ducking him like Chavez and Martinez already have. Add Sturm in the quack list.
ImageImage
pithikos
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby Thickback » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:37 pm

pithikos wrote:They better give him a big name soon. And lol at people thinking he cant box or his defense sucks because he is mixing it up lately, give him someone big and you ll see him boxing. GGG is 345-5 in his amateur fights and he won silver in the Olympics you dont do that with no defense and that certainly shows consistency. Its just that he has that much trust in his power and chin, as soon as he felt Geale cant hurt him he went in and made him quit, no one has done that to the former titleholder and still top 5 tough sob that is Geale. People believing Gennady is a hype job are out of their minds. Under 168 only Ward can give him a fight. Lol at Mayweather can beat him, he is too small to make it a fight and would not take that fight like ever. Cotto will not bite he s going after Canelo, too many times he took risks in his career taking all comers I think now in the twilight of his career and above his weightclass he will not even consider GGG before getting Canelo (maybe if he wins). GGG biggest foe is the business of boxing itself. They gonna keep ducking him like Chavez and Martinez already have. Add Sturm in the quack list.

Gotta agree with you here. But a Mayweather vs GGG fight at 154 sucks some of his power, chin and stamina so I'd favor Floyd. At 160, GGG would clearly be the favorite over Floyd cuz thats too big for FLoyd. Hell, he can't even make 154 :lol: But, it's all speculation becuz as you said, Floyd will not fight GGG. Not enough money. Cotto won't go near him and neither will Canelo. GGG may have to fight at 168 here and there just to build his popularity. I'd like to see him fight Andre Dirrell at 168 too. He's actually finally coming back this Friday on FNF....talk about idiotic career moves. That dumb fuck left Al Haymon for 50 Cent!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby emd01 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:09 am

pithikos wrote:They better give him a big name soon. And lol at people thinking he cant box or his defense sucks because he is mixing it up lately, give him someone big and you ll see him boxing. GGG is 345-5 in his amateur fights and he won silver in the Olympics you dont do that with no defense and that certainly shows consistency. Its just that he has that much trust in his power and chin, as soon as he felt Geale cant hurt him he went in and made him quit, no one has done that to the former titleholder and still top 5 tough sob that is Geale. People believing Gennady is a hype job are out of their minds. Under 168 only Ward can give him a fight. Lol at Mayweather can beat him, he is too small to make it a fight and would not take that fight like ever. Cotto will not bite he s going after Canelo, too many times he took risks in his career taking all comers I think now in the twilight of his career and above his weightclass he will not even consider GGG before getting Canelo (maybe if he wins). GGG biggest foe is the business of boxing itself. They gonna keep ducking him like Chavez and Martinez already have. Add Sturm in the quack list.

GGG is what 32 and still at contendor status. This dude is a hype job to the fullest. Hell, by the time he actually does fight a name he'll be retiring.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.