Close
Login
Register

Gamboa wants Pacman's belt!

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Gamboa wants Pacman's belt!

Postby batangastig » Tue May 13, 2008 10:56 pm

Fightnews.com
When unbeaten super featherweight phenomenon Yuriorkis Gamboa (9-0, 8 KOs) steps into the ring against Darling Jimenez (23-2-2, 14 KOs) this Saturday in Primm, Nevada, it will not only be the HBO debut of the Cuban Olympic gold medallist, but also his chance to win the WBC international championship, the title laid down by Manny Pacquiao before "Pacman" seized the WBC world title from Juan Manuel Marquez on March 15th. "Of course, it is a great honor to fight for this belt," states Gamboa. "Especially as this in only my tenth professional fight. I am glad that my performances so far have convinced the sanctioning bodies to put me very high in the ratings and I am willing to prove that I am the best boxer in the world." Gamboa is rated #3 in the WBA and #4 in the WBC rankings. "I know that Jimenez is a tough opponent," continued Gamboa, "but I also know that to be the best you have to beat the best. And that is what I will do. After winning the WBC international title I will try to get my hands on the belt Pacquiao's wearing right now. Though I hope that he doesn't put it down so I will have the chance to take it from him in the ring."

okay i am the biggest pac fan, but im so impressed by gamboa. ive been following him since the olympics and after he defected from cuba. now he is climbing the ranks as fast as tyson did when he went pro. gamboa is def the next best thing, but i dont think i would like to see him fight manny. not that it wouldnt be a good fight, but that gamboa has a very good chance in beating my idol. i know that pac might lose one or two more times before he retires, but i want those loses to be from great fighters like hatton or even floyd. gamboa is a rising star, but is not as mainstream, so his defeat to gamboa would be understandable to a boxing fan like me, but it will be unbearable to his other fans

if they decide to fight, it would mean that gamboa would need to go up to 130 since pac would have to fight marquez first before fighting gamboa at 125. i believe that pac could take advantage of a 130 gamboa cuz he is only 5'5 and this is a lot of weight for gamboa to get used to. manny in the other hand is very comfortable at 130 since it is his walking weight. when it comes to power, i need to give it to gamboa, but quickness and endurance would always have to go to manny. i know manny usually shines in the earlier rounds, but so does gamboa, so in this fight manny needs to weather the first couple of rounds and use his reach advantage and quick straight left punch to his advantage. gamboa tends to put his gloves down so if pac is agressive enough like in the first barerra fight he would be able to catch gamboa...
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Gamboa wants Pacman's belt!

Postby mamith » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 am

gamboa is week compared pacman
"]Image ]Image[
mamith
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.