Close
Login
Register

Frank Shamrock wants boxing match with Antonio Tarver

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Frank Shamrock wants boxing match with Antonio Tarver

Postby jaz_pagan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 pm

FRANK SHAMROCK WANTS TO BOX ANTONIO TARVER

FightHype.com recently recently caught up with MMA legend Frank Shamrock, who's set to face Nick Diaz in the main event of Strikeforce's first card televised on Showtime. To our surprise, Shamrock revealed that he's also currently working on a potential move to boxing and is already looking at some possible opponents. "It's been a dream since I was a little boy and becoming a boxing champion is what got me into mixed martial arts. I've always wanted to try it. I'm running out of guys to fight in MMA, so watch out boxers," he replied. Shamrock, who's taking his boxing dream seriously, confirmed that both Showtime and Strikeforce are backing his decision to compete in boxing. In fact, Showtime is actually taking it one step further.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content4339.html
jaz_pagan
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Frank Shamrock wants boxing match with Antonio Tarver

Postby preacher » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Frank would do well....but he has not run out of guys to fight MMA with.
Psalm 144:1 - Blessed be the Lord my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle-
Sig Bets: 1-3

Thank God Caveman and Black Sheep are on the mend
preacher
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Rico Genetix » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:02 pm

First off, Antonio Tarver would kill Frank Shamrock in a straight boxing match. In terms of boxing, there aren't many MMA fighters if any that can hang with top level pro boxers.

Secondly, "running out of guys to fight?" Who the fuck has Frank Shamrock fought in the last 10 years? Cung Le and Phil Baroni? Hardly a who's who of mma fighters.

I honestly can't stand listening to Frank Shamrock. Shut up, fight guys in your own weight class and fight to win.
Rico Genetix
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby beast775 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:09 pm

:oops: You've misread his post dude.
beast775
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby XBL » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:31 pm

I can't see Frank doing too well in boxing, he needs to stick with a sport where the ground game comes into play.
XBL
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:44 pm

jaz_pagan wrote:FRANK SHAMROCK WANTS TO BOX ANTONIO TARVER

FightHype.com recently recently caught up with MMA legend Frank Shamrock, who's set to face Nick Diaz in the main event of Strikeforce's first card televised on Showtime. To our surprise, Shamrock revealed that he's also currently working on a potential move to boxing and is already looking at some possible opponents. "It's been a dream since I was a little boy and becoming a boxing champion is what got me into mixed martial arts. I've always wanted to try it. I'm running out of guys to fight in MMA, so watch out boxers," he replied. Shamrock, who's taking his boxing dream seriously, confirmed that both Showtime and Strikeforce are backing his decision to compete in boxing. In fact, Showtime is actually taking it one step further.

............................................................................................. :?
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby boxingjiujitsu209 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:47 pm

After he loses to diaz, i would love to see him fight tarver. Frank is gonna get destroyed.
Favorite fighters: Nick Diaz, Big Nog, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez, Mousassi, Shogun, Akiyama
boxingjiujitsu209
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm

jaz_pagan wrote:FRANK SHAMROCK WANTS TO BOX ANTONIO TARVER

:? combined with "wtf" :? throw in some more :? and then ultimately "Wtf"

Frank your great......but let's get some win's going in the MMA 185 lb division before we leave for boxing............
KingOfPancrase

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby adelong » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm

I think what he meant to say was, he's run out of guys he can beat in MMA. And apparently now he'd like to go get his ass kicked in boxing.
adelong
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby MMAGeek » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 pm

Wow that's cool. I think Antonio is a bit to much for the guy. But he's a pro fighter, he knows what he has to do. Good Luck Frank. But before you retire I would really like ya fight Micheal Bisping and Anderson Silva. You gotta go out with fireworks!
ALDO/FABER/TORRES/GSP/KOS/ALVES...JUST TO NAME A FEW!

Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport in the world...
MMAGeek
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby hldn1977 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:52 pm

I would rather see the Shamrock brothers fight after years of reading how they were going to and it's never happened. I'd rather see that than Frank get battered against Tarver. Look, I don't think a boxer would do well at an MMA fight and vice versa. There are very few MMA guys who have top notch boxing skills and there are virtually no boxers who have top MMA skills that I'm aware of. So other than trying to get a lot of attention, this fight is pointless. There are plenty of intriguing matchups for Shamrock, but maybe that interview I read recenctly from Ken saying that Frank is dodging him, is starting to look a little more legit. Ken said that they were near signing a contract for big money when Frank opted to fight Diaz, so I'm not sure, maybe Ken is serious about how Frank is avoiding him and potentially getting "beat to living death" :biggrin:
hldn1977
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby ncha01 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:21 am

Frank won't do well in boxing..forsure..i'm a boxing fan myself as well and antonio tarver will easily win..
"Bruce Lee" > Any Martial Artists
ncha01
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby XBL » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 pm

ncha01 wrote:Frank won't do well in boxing..forsure..i'm a boxing fan myself as well and antonio tarver will easily win..

That definitely would not go well for Frank. Tarver would eat Frank alive.
XBL

Postby Tkowinnr84 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:14 pm

adelong wrote:I think what he meant to say was, he's run out of guys he can beat in MMA. And apparently now he'd like to go get his ass kicked in boxing.

+1 :lol:
I suffer from CDO. It's just like OCD, only in Alphabetical Order :)
Tkowinnr84
Green Belt
Green Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.