Login
Register

Floyd says no to Sugar Shane and Paul

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Floyd says no to Sugar Shane and Paul

Postby batangastig » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm

Floyd no to Sugar, Shane no to Paul
by Ciaran Baynes , 14 April 2009

Shane Mosley says a Floyd Mayweather fight is not imminent but he does not want to fight Paul Williams beforehand.

Mosley's clinical destruction of Antonio Margarito in January renewed speculation about a match-up with Floyd Mayweather which had been dormant for the last half decade.

Mayweather is thought to be ready to return to boxing in September but Mosley feels 'Money' will not want to take such a difficult match-up initially.

"I've talked to Floyd personally and he said that he really don't want to fight me right now, so maybe he wants to do a couple of tuneups and then take a fight with me," Mosley told Boxing Scene.

A problem for Mosley is that his desire to fight the winner of the Manny Pacquiao-Ricky Hatton bout, is likely to be replicated by Mayweather who drawing more money will seem more attractive to the May 2 winner.

After Williams' destruction of Winky Wright, he has also laid his claims to be, like Mosley, Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto, among the contenders to be the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

That said the option of fighting the young, energetic two-weight world champion with the freakish 82" reach is not attractive to the 37-year-old WBA welterweight champion.

"He is not really an option for me," Mosley added. "I'm thinking about fighting Pacquiao or either Hatton or maybe Cotto.

"I'm looking for the mega-fights right now, and those are the mega-fights for me today."
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Floyd says no to Sugar Shane and Paul

Postby supermanpunch » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 pm

emd01 wrote:I think Williams is the man to beat Mayweather. Hate to say it but I think he's too big for Floyd. Floyd couldn't just lay back on the ropes and counter or Williams would destroy him. Sugar Shane, on the other hand :lol: , I think he's tailor made for PBF. Throws a lot of looping punches, a lot of times throwing himself off balance, with diminishing speed. PBF would dodge and slip most of his punches and counter him all night. PBF is the best, not one of the best, the best defensive fighter alive. He's fast with the punches too. I can't wait to see Mayweather/Mosley...hopefully Mosleys last fight :| .

I gotta agree with that, Williams may present trouble for Floyd because of his reach and work rate. I got a feeling that Williams may have trouble going back to WW again but he should if he still can cause there's a lot of big fights there, let's just hope that the rest of the WW division didn't chickened out after seeing his fight with Winky.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Floyd says no to Sugar Shane and Paul

Postby batangastig » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:15 pm

emd01 wrote:I think Williams is the man to beat Mayweather. Hate to say it but I think he's too big for Floyd. Floyd couldn't just lay back on the ropes and counter or Williams would destroy him. Sugar Shane, on the other hand :lol: , I think he's tailor made for PBF. Throws a lot of looping punches, a lot of times throwing himself off balance, with diminishing speed. PBF would dodge and slip most of his punches and counter him all night. PBF is the best, not one of the best, the best defensive fighter alive. He's fast with the punches too. I can't wait to see Mayweather/Mosley...hopefully Mosleys last fight :| .

yeah i totally agree with you and so does mayweather's camp. i dont think mayweather will ever take a fight with williams for this very reason. hey emd, im glad that your here, we need more boxing fans in this forum cuz i dont think boxlinker will be back any time soon.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.