Close
Login
Register

***FERG VS COWBOY SET IN THE WINDY CITY***

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

***FERG VS COWBOY SET IN THE WINDY CITY***

Postby Shuck » Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm

The UFC is close to finalizing a lightweight bout between former interim champion Tony Ferguson and Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone for UFC 238 on June 8 in Chicago, multiple sources said.

The 155-pound bout is nearly official, although contracts have not yet been signed. Once official, it will take place on the pay-per-view portion of UFC 238 at the United Center.

Ferguson (24-3) has not fought since he defeated Anthony Pettis via TKO at UFC 229 on Oct. 6 in Las Vegas. The 35-year-old has won 11 fights in a row dating back to 2013. He was scheduled to face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the lightweight championship in April 2018 but was forced to withdraw due to a knee injury.

Tony Ferguson has won 11 fights in a row dating back to 2013. Brandon Magnus/Zuffa LLC/Getty Images
The UFC offered Ferguson an interim lightweight title fight against Max Holloway in April, but Ferguson was unavailable due to personal issues. Ferguson met with UFC brass earlier this week in Las Vegas to discuss his return, as well as a new deal with the promotion.

It's a lightning-quick turnaround for Cerrone (36-11), who is coming off a five-round decision over Al Iaquinta last weekend in Ottawa, Ontario. Cerrone is riding a three-fight win streak and holds the record for most victories in the UFC with 23. Three others are tied for second with 20.

Ferguson recently left his longtime management at Paradigm Sports Management and is now represented by Ballengee Group. Ferguson has repeatedly expressed interest in a bout against Conor McGregor, who is represented by Paradigm. At this time, however, there is no time frame on McGregor's next fight.

The current lightweight champion, Nurmagomedov, is expected to face interim champion Dustin Poirier in September.

YES YOU COCK SUCKN MOLE .. YOU NEVER FAIL MEEE :yell:

Fake News Brewy, where's your balls at??? 3 MONTH MIN SIG BET, FUCK IT, ILL DO A PERM AVI BET BIGG BOY

Cowboy Time - :hand: :heart: :thunder:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26718844/ufc-nearing-deal-ferguson-cerrone
الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

[/quote]

Spoiler:

Magatron Makn Link Great Again - :hand:
Shuck
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Re: ***FERG VS COWBOY IN DA WORKS***

Postby SpeakEasy » Fri May 10, 2019 8:23 pm

God I hope this isnt true.
Tony has no buisness even training for a fight let alone getting in one.
Regardless of what caused his psychotic breakdown, drugs or natural chemical imbalance, he needs a lot more than a couple months of care.
He literally stewed and grew his mental instability for a year and exploded in the best, worst way possible.
We dont need him to be like Josh Grispi, Matt Hughes, Rachels husband or any of the other mentally or criminally unstable fighters that have garnered the wrong kind of attention for our sport.
We dont need him rushing his recovery to only break even worse next time.
His doctors and family know best but I have a very hard time believing he's even remotely healed.
Commonly, people fall under the guise of the prescribed medication thinking because the affects are positive that means they can go right back to what and how they were before.
But that makes it a crutch and all it takes is one trigger to kick that crutch out from under you and make it useless, even detrimental.
Tony needs at least 6 months of extensive help, the guy was very far gone, its been maybe 5 months since his break and every record points to him simply medicating and carrying on as normal.

Cowboy vs Cmac would be great but otherwise lets just get the 165 division going, Pettis vs Cowboy fir the title and RDA/Lee is #1 contender.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Re: ***FERG VS COWBOY SET IN THE WINDY CITY***

Postby kezzaman » Fri May 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Great fight for Tony.

Tony vs Khabib :tup:

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby TFlock » Fri May 10, 2019 10:19 pm

SpeakEasy wrote:God I hope this isnt true.
Regardless of what caused his psychotic breakdown, drugs or natural chemical imbalance, he needs a lot more than a couple months of care.
He literally stewed and grew his mental instability for a year and exploded in the best, worst way possible.
We dont need him to be like Josh Grispi, Matt Hughes, Rachels husband or any of the other mentally or criminally unstable fighters that have garnered the wrong kind of attention for our sport.
His doctors and family know best but I have a very hard time believing he's even remotely healed.
Commonly, people fall under the guise of the prescribed medication thinking because the affects are positive that means they can go right back to what and how they were before.
But that makes it a crutch and all it takes is one trigger to kick that crutch out from under you and make it useless, even detrimental.
Tony needs at least 6 months of extensive help, the guy was very far gone, its been maybe 5 months since his break and every record points to him simply medicating and carrying on as normal.

Cowboy vs Cmac would be great but otherwise lets just get the 165 division going, Pettis vs Cowboy fir the title and RDA/Lee is #1 contender.

Completely agree about Tony. If he loses I worry about what he might do.
September B League Fantasy Team
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Gaston Bolanos
Jack Shore
Don Madge
Todd Duffee

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 pm

TFlock wrote:

Completely agree about Tony. If he loses I worry about what he might do.

They keep fucking Tony around because they know he will ruin their cash cows in Conor and Khabib, he is like the 3rd Diaz bro too real for the UFC. I just hope they both get paid big time, Cerrone and Tony are great fot the fans but it fucks up the division b/c Tony vs Khabib and Cerrone vs Conor is what should happen. Dustin needs to fight Nate. Fuck Dana.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby hawdrigoh » Sat May 11, 2019 1:04 am

Less than a month.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby TFlock » Sat May 11, 2019 2:15 am

hawdrigoh wrote:Less than a month.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

if this is true, that's like a 5 week turnaround for cowboy after a 5 round main event where he took a lot of damage. that's nuts
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Gaston Bolanos
Jack Shore
Don Madge
Todd Duffee

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Survivor

Postby PainDog » Sat May 11, 2019 2:33 am

Most likely Ferg gets beat into a living death....

Spoiler:
...then goes full zombie mode and kills Cowboy
https://amenra.bandcamp.com

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby MadTitan » Sat May 11, 2019 2:37 am

Holy shit what a fight.

idk who wins. I want Ferguson to win.
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Legionarivs » Sat May 11, 2019 4:08 am

Agree, as much as I think Ferguson paid his dues and should get any fight he wants including a titleshot. I don't think he should be fighting at the moment, change of him being emotionally stable seems slim. A build-up with either McGregor or Nurmagomedov would've been emotionally worse for him though. Cerrone isn't going to mentally attack him the way a McGregor would for sure.

Would've preferred:

Cerrone vs McGregor
Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov*
Which leaves Poirier without a valid opponent, so Poirier vs Cerrone would've made sense as well.

McGregor vs Diaz III perhaps, guy should start fighting though or retire, annoys the shit out of me that with McGregor the rankings won't be followed. I don't see him doing a trainingcamp for a Poirier unless he's champion because he already has the W over him. As much as I enjoyed his fights as much as I fucking hate it he's not competing and fighting contenders to work his way up again. :tdown:

*: october/november rather than the june date for 238
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:27 am

Who wants a sigbet? I got Tony Ferguson.

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby Shuck » Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 am

bruins2012 wrote:Who wants a sigbet? I got Tony Ferguson.

FoundyahAHuckleberry

3month Sig, Confirm :kiss:
الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

[/quote]

Spoiler:

Magatron Makn Link Great Again - :hand:
Shuck
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Postby TFlock » Sat May 11, 2019 10:25 am

Shuck wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Who wants a sigbet? I got Tony Ferguson.

FoundyahAHuckleberry

3month Sig, Confirm :kiss:

Do you think your current tenure as an active linker member will last 3 months?
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Gaston Bolanos
Jack Shore
Don Madge
Todd Duffee

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Survivor

Postby PBells » Sat May 11, 2019 10:29 am

On one hand, I'm glad this is happening because it's a kickass fight. On the other hand, I'm worried about Tony's mental state and how any medications he might be on will impact his training and performance. On the third hand, I'm annoyed because they put this on an absolutely shitass card that no one will buy. Well, maybe more will buy it now, but doing it in July or August would've been amazing.
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Next

Return to MMA Discussion