Close
Login
Register

Favorite sweep?

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Favorite sweep?

Postby Dr Jekyll » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:01 am

I like the scissor sweep from guard.
say your prayers, little one, don't forget my son, to include everyone... i tuck you in, walk within, keep you free from sin... 'til the sandman he comes..
Dr Jekyll
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Re: Favorite sweep?

Postby DimMak » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Ditto
DimMak
White Belt
White Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:19 pm

same here. i like the guard wing too though
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby exsanguinator » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:51 pm

The omoplata sweep where you end up on top in a great position for a triangle. I hit that one all the time.
We all need some place we can go away to, some place where we can be who we should have been instead of who we are.
exsanguinator

Postby GuybrushThreepwood » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Scissors is cool, but its too easy to pin down the sweep leg and pass, plus in that position you dont have enough power to flip someone over that has a good base, i like to keep the pace moving by constantly attempting submissions and find my sweeps during transitions. Nothing against scissors, its effective when the conditions are right, its just a little predictable most of the time.
ImageImage
GuybrushThreepwood
White Belt
White Belt

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:46 pm

GuybrushThreepwood wrote:Scissors is cool, but its too easy to pin down the sweep leg and pass, plus in that position you dont have enough power to flip someone over that has a good base, i like to keep the pace moving by constantly attempting submissions and find my sweeps during transitions. Nothing against scissors, its effective when the conditions are right, its just a little predictable most of the time.

Just switch it to a kick sweep if they have a good base. Also, if you start from full guard and hit the sweep position quickly and immediately load them up and throw off their balance they won't be able to pass
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Return to Ground Game