Close
Login
Register

Favorite Healthy Snacks

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Re: Favorite Healthy Snacks

Postby JohnKG » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:13 pm

exsanguinator wrote:
Zackn wrote:in my opinion snakes is not a healthy diet when you feel hungry eat any natural fruits like banana its is much healthy then any snacks

That sounds suspiciously like a snack.

:lol: Guess it depends on the size of the banana?
VOTE JOJO FOR MOD
JohnKG
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby discoowl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 pm

what was the average lifespan of a typical hunter - gatherer again? 8)

I go with a mix of: pumkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, sultanas and dates

fresh carrots, cucumbers, apples, bananas, oranges (or any other seasonal fruit)

eggs

tuna / salmon / mackarel / sardines

put all those things together and blend into a paste :geek:
PsychoBells wrote:How sad is it that a perfectly decent human being and warrior like Shogun gets hated-on by miserable autistic virgins? smh

25/25 LHK
discoowl
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby timbercutter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 am

beer.........
Warming the Earth, one tree at a time
Hail the return of DUNCAN!
SIG BETS @ 12-3
Fuck Kusok
timbercutter
bad ass

Location: Below a cold desolate country, populated with former frenchmen and crack smokin mayors
Accolades: Real Life Bad Ass

Postby JayDeeHero » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 am

Whenever I can, I try and eat a protein filled breakfast, a pill of fish oil in the morning, and at least a whole fruit like a papaya or something. Whenever I can't grab a healthy lunch, I snack on unsalted almonds, little blueberries and bananas. Dinner is also pretty huge. From what I can remember, it's healthier to more per day with less per serving than the opposite, but you guys could correct me if otherwise.
"The Sun shines brighter when you look at it, but it shines regardless. Shine for yourself, not just when people are watching." - Jordan Grenyion-Smith

JayDeeHero
White Belt
White Belt

Postby MikeRoger » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:28 am

Apples with penut butter is my favorite . And I love pear with low fat ricotta cheese. A cup of non fat greek yogurt is another good option, Also, almonds are delicious,and apples with almond butter are yummy. :D
MikeRoger
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

exsanguinator wrote:
Zackn wrote:in my opinion snakes is not a healthy diet when you feel hungry eat any natural fruits like banana its is much healthy then any snacks

That sounds suspiciously like a snack.

Yeah I don't eat Snakes either bra
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby MikeRoger » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am

I like to snack on cucumbers, boiled soybeans, carrots, nuts, and handy fruits (apples, plums, pears, prunes, grapes, etc).
MikeRoger
White Belt
White Belt

Postby discoowl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:37 pm

^ boiled soy beans? :lol: go back to russia
PsychoBells wrote:How sad is it that a perfectly decent human being and warrior like Shogun gets hated-on by miserable autistic virgins? smh

25/25 LHK
discoowl
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Nigelthegreat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:29 am

I've been snacking on Quinoa mixed with cut vegtables lately. Quinoa more so goes with a meal but a great snack, it's a natural source of complete protien. I'm also big on snacking on a granola bar.
Nigelthegreat
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby lostsoul4012 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:34 am

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I LOVE chick peas (garbanzo beans). Especially when you make hummus. Its got a little bit of olive oil in it, but other than that, it's pretty healthy. With the recipe I go by, it has about 30 calories per tbsp, but I usually get by with a tablespoon and a half and 6 whole wheat crackers or pretzels. Also love almonds and dried fruit other than the dried banana chips. My unhealthy side has a weakness for Cheez-its for some reason, lol. But I try not to buy them.

Has anyone had arugula? I keep seeing it in recipes and some cooking show my fiancee watches. People put it in every salad now but I've never had it.
lostsoul4012
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby mcpoopants » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Milkshakes, made with banana plus strawberry jam and ice, or I will fry up some mushrooms but last time I did I threw my guts up, so it will be awhile until I eat them, or the doritos they were combined with again
mcpoopants
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby ndizzle » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 am

lostsoul4012 wrote:I haven't seen it mentioned, but I LOVE chick peas (garbanzo beans). Especially when you make hummus. Its got a little bit of olive oil in it, but other than that, it's pretty healthy. With the recipe I go by, it has about 30 calories per tbsp, but I usually get by with a tablespoon and a half and 6 whole wheat crackers or pretzels. Also love almonds and dried fruit other than the dried banana chips. My unhealthy side has a weakness for Cheez-its for some reason, lol. But I try not to buy them.

Has anyone had arugula? I keep seeing it in recipes and some cooking show my fiancee watches. People put it in every salad now but I've never had it.

I made some Hummus earlier,heard aboit it its not bad,ate with some crackers. Pineapples and oranges is what i always snack on
]

Silva (jojo)(seb) vs Fitch (ndizzle)
ndizzle
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Fearless6691 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

ndizzle wrote:
lostsoul4012 wrote:I haven't seen it mentioned, but I LOVE chick peas (garbanzo beans). Especially when you make hummus. Its got a little bit of olive oil in it, but other than that, it's pretty healthy. With the recipe I go by, it has about 30 calories per tbsp, but I usually get by with a tablespoon and a half and 6 whole wheat crackers or pretzels. Also love almonds and dried fruit other than the dried banana chips. My unhealthy side has a weakness for Cheez-its for some reason, lol. But I try not to buy them.

I made some Hummus earlier,heard aboit it its not bad,ate with some crackers. Pineapples and oranges is what i always snack on

Hummus creeps me out
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby mcpoopants » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Almond butter
mcpoopants
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby ballsmcgee » Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 pm

So, I recently started making my own cliff bar rip offs. It's nice because it's cheap as fuck, not nearly as time consuming/difficult as you might think, and you can completely tailor the nutrition to what you want.
The last batch I made has 38g carbs (18g sugr, 5g fiber), 10.5g fat, 10g protein, at ~290 calories per bar. All ingredients are organic, hippie-dippie goodness and cost less than 50 cents ber bar.
mmaisbetterthancorn wrote:I actually take the time too educated myself.

ballsmcgee
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition