Close
Login
Register

Drop knee

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Drop knee

Postby Coffin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 am

Some escapes I use in Pankration from say a headlock position is to pick up the other player under his closest knee and opposing shoulder. This allows me to elevate him in complete control. In practice we use gut pads for protection. We slam the person down onto your knee either on their ribs or spine (OK the spine strike is more self defence) but this is a very effective way to finish a fight.

I have never seen it in Pride, UFC, King of the Cage, Cage rage etc etc. It is not a banned move and I have seen opportunities fighters have had to use it.

I am wondering if any other styles practice such a move?

Cheers.

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open! " Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening. "

hawdrigoh wrote:Dong exposed himself to us today and I think I speak for everyone when I say I didn't mind it at all.

burtonboarder wrote:Are you asking what an Atheist believes in? The same things as you, real things, minus gullible superstitions.

ButterScotch talking dirty: "I expected a quick 30 second finish. Very impressive to restrain himself from unloading on the guy."
Coffin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Drop knee

Postby sammcl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:35 am

Have you seen headlocks in MMA? Or guillotines, they're two very different situations to be in...
Sig Bets: 1 - 0
sammcl
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Ground Game