Close
Login
Register

detfilteg's training log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: detfilteg's training log

Postby detfilteg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 am

2/05/10

3 rounds rope @3min
2 rounds shadow boxing @3min
4 rounds bag work @4min

2/08/10

3 rounds rope @3min
2 rounds shadow boxing @3min
4 rounds bag work @4min
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

2/10/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min
2 rounds shadow boxing @ 4min
3 rounds pad work w/ partner @ 4min

Went to the orthopedic surgeon today and was cleared to play drums. Although I'm not too sure if he knows how violently I play drums. I will give it a try later this week. Still no heavy lifting or hitting things with the right arm.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:17 pm

detfilteg wrote:Went to the orthopedic surgeon today and was cleared to play drums. Although I'm not too sure if he knows how violently I play drums.

:lol: Not suprised.

I'm having oral surgery next week and I asked about how long it'd take to be cleared to roll and they said two to three days and didn't really understand what I was saying when I described a neck crank with someone's forearm digging into my gums/jaw...
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby detfilteg » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 am

I skipped my workout on Friday because I was too busy playing in the snow. We got like 5 inches, that shit never happens in Georgia. I actually lifted some weights yesterday, not much at all thats for sure. Used just the bar for my bench and incline bench, lol.

2/15/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min
2 rounds shadowbox @ 3min
Bench: 50x3 (50lbs)
Incline Bench: 30x3(50lbs)
Dumbell Kickback: 10x5(10lbs)
Weighted Sit up: 50x2(25lbs)
Russian Twists: 50x2(10lb medicine ball)
Leg Raises: 20x2

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 am

detfilteg wrote:I skipped my workout on Friday because I was too busy playing in the snow. We got like 5 inches, that shit never happens in Georgia. I actually lifted some weights yesterday, not much at all thats for sure. Used just the bar for my bench and incline bench, lol.

2/15/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

any pain with the weights???
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby detfilteg » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:45 am

Rico Is A Beast wrote:
detfilteg wrote:I skipped my workout on Friday because I was too busy playing in the snow. We got like 5 inches, that shit never happens in Georgia. I actually lifted some weights yesterday, not much at all thats for sure. Used just the bar for my bench and incline bench, lol.

2/15/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

No not really. It did feel a little tight on the first few reps of bench going all the way down to my chest with the bar, but after talking to my therapist she said to bring it down to about 2 inches above my chest at most. I will be doing power cleans and dead lift today, but again with very little weight.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:29 pm

detfilteg wrote:
Rico Is A Beast wrote:

2/15/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

No not really. It did feel a little tight on the first few reps of bench going all the way down to my chest with the bar, but after talking to my therapist she said to bring it down to about 2 inches above my chest at most. I will be doing power cleans and dead lift today, but again with very little weight.

thats fantastic dude, i have problems in my right shoulder so thats actually about where i bring my bench to anyways bout an inch and a half or 2 inches from my chest, anymore than that and my right shoulder pops
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby detfilteg » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 am

Rico Is A Beast wrote:thats fantastic dude, i have problems in my right shoulder so thats actually about where i bring my bench to anyways bout an inch and a half or 2 inches from my chest, anymore than that and my right shoulder pops

I am pretty stoked as well that I can at least get some work in. It feels so damn good to be sore. Back workout yesterday, still went very light. I was working out with 2 other people yesterday so we kinda did a circut workout.

Every group of 3 exercises we rotated 4 sets

Deadlift: 140lbs(8 reps)
Bicycle Crunches(50)/Reg Crunches(50)/Plank(30sec)
Frontal Rasie: 10lbs(10 reps)

Shrugs: 140lbs(10 reps)
Rows(dumbell): 35lbs(8 reps each arm)
Leg Rasies: 15 reps

Power Clean: 70lbs (8 reps) - this was the only exercise to cause me trouble
Decline Situps: 25 reps
Lateral Raises: 10lbs (10 reps)

Standing OHP: 80lbs (8 reps)

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm

impressive dude, give it time, be back to where you were in a jiffy
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 am

Rico Is A Beast wrote:impressive dude, give it time, be back to where you were in a jiffy

Thanks man. Some of the back exercises felt really good, and like listed above the power cleans were the only thing that I had trouble with. I will probably not do those in the near future until I am completely done with PT. Today is leg day so hopefully there will be no problems there and I can lift heavy.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am

2/19/10

Squats: 190lbs (4x8)
Lunges: 3x10 (+70lbs)
Box Jumps: 3 rounds of 45sec
Decline situps: 50x2 (+25lbs)

Rope 3 rounds @3min

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 am

2/22/10

I brought the bar down to about 2-3 inches from my chest as instructed by the physical therapist. Feels a little weird to do it that way, but I will probably take the suggestion of a friend and use some boards to rest on my chest while not bringing the weight all the way down. I think after a few more weeks of physical therpay this will not be an issue.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:30 pm

detfilteg wrote:2/22/10

I brought the bar down to about 2-3 inches from my chest as instructed by the physical therapist. Feels a little weird to do it that way, but I will probably take the suggestion of a friend and use some boards to rest on my chest while not bringing the weight all the way down. I think after a few more weeks of physical therpay this will not be an issue.

thats what i do, 2x4 on the chest, bout as far as i go before shoulder pops
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:
detfilteg wrote:2/22/10

thats what i do, 2x4 on the chest, bout as far as i go before shoulder pops

Word. I was told by a reliable source that not using something to stop the weight puts a lot of stress on the shoulder/elbow joints during the lift. Since I am only doing 50lbs I do not see it being much of an issue at the moment, but when I start moving up in weight if it is still not good to go all the way to the chest I will have to use this method more often. Physical therapy tonight, woot! I know one thing, my back is going to be ripped to shreds from all the back exercises I have to do in physical therapy.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am

Same circut as last week, but I was doing this alone yesterday. Added between 5-10 lbs. between exercises.

2-24-10

Deadlift: 160lbs(8 reps)
Bicycle Crunches(50)/Reg Crunches(50)/Plank(30sec)
Frontal Rasie: 10lbs(10 reps)

Shrugs: 160lbs(10 reps)
Rows(dumbell): 35lbs(8 reps each arm)
Leg Rasies: 15 reps

Power Clean: 100lbs (8 reps)
Decline Situps: 25 reps
Lateral Raises: 10lbs (10 reps)

Standing OHP: 80lbs (8 reps)
Last edited by detfilteg on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Workout Logs