Close
Login
Register

detfilteg's training log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: detfilteg's training log

Postby detfilteg » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 am

detfilteg wrote:1/4/2010

Physical Therapy

Resistance exercises with resistance band. Much more entertaining than the first PT visit. I go back on Thursday. Therapist says my range of motion is extremely good for the time period.

1/5/2010

Same resistance exercises as the day before. Next physical therapy appointment is tomorrow.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:48 pm

detfilteg wrote:
detfilteg wrote:1/4/2010

Physical Therapy

Resistance exercises with resistance band. Much more entertaining than the first PT visit. I go back on Thursday. Therapist says my range of motion is extremely good for the time period.

1/5/2010

Same resistance exercises as the day before. Next physical therapy appointment is tomorrow.

Same resistance exercises from 1/5/2010 to 1/11/2010. Looks like this will be the trend for a while for me. Another 6-7 weeks of therapy before I can go back to class. They also told me not to hit the bag at all even if I am not using my right arm. Assholes. I can run though, which makes me extremely excited.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 pm

More physical therapy yesterday. Starting to do more exercises using resistance and weight. Shoulder is typically extremely tired after physical therapy and needs ice to recover. Slowly but surely getting back to where I was pre-surgery. Still cannot life weights or go to Muay Thai.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

you'll get back there man, good to hear that your recovery is going well
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby detfilteg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:you'll get back there man, good to hear that your recovery is going well

It sucks, but I am doing everything my therapist tells me to heal. I figure if I do what I am supposed to I will be back in action quicker than if I neglect doing it. Still though, I have to walk by the banana bag in my house everyday and not beat it up.

I think I am going to try jumping rope today and see how that goes.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 pm

detfilteg wrote:I figure if I do what I am supposed to I will be back in action quicker than if I neglect doing it.

WIN
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby detfilteg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 am

Jumping rope did not go so well. It was a bit painful and after about 3 minutes I decided to stop. Looks like I will have to resort to running and ab exercises only.

More Physical Therapy today.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

Physical Therapy is still ongoing. I am almost to the 6week point so I will be able to do exercises with my arm that require rotation of the shoulder. Most of the things I have been doing now have been very simple resistance exercizes that really do not do much strengthening of the rotation of my shoulder but more pulling, lifting, and stablizing.

We use this bodyblade thing for the stablizing muscles of the shoulder.

http://www.bodyblade.com/bodyblade-home/

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:02 am

I was finally able to get some rope in yesterday after work. I started with the leather rope, but once my shoulder was warmed up I went to the heavier speed rope.

1/26/10

4 rounds skip @ 5min
2 rounds High Knees/speed skip @3min (broken to 1 min intervals)

Was a bit tired after this so called it for the first day back doing cardio. Today I will probably warm up with the rope and try hitting the bag some, just without any punch with my right arm.
Last edited by detfilteg on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 am

We actually moved on to lifting weights yesterday at Physical Therapy instead of just the resist bands.

Lat pull down
2 types of rows

I used very little weight but did 20-40 reps of each exercise. I am going to attempt skipping again today but my shoulder is a bit sore from the workout yesterday.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:47 am

1/28/10

Rope:

4 rounds @5min

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 am

1/30/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

2 rounds shadowbox @ 3min (everything)

3 rounds bag work @ 3min (not punches/elbows with right arm)

Felt pretty good after this workout, although tired. My abs are already starting to come back though from the rope and bag work I have done so far. Woot.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:31 pm

2/01/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

3 rounds bag work @ 3min (not punches/elbows with right arm)

Getting my conditioning back for sure. Was not very tired after the 3 rounds. Might move to 5 minute rounds today or Friday.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm

^ How's the shoulder feeling during shadowboxing?
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby detfilteg » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 am

KC Masterpiece wrote:^ How's the shoulder feeling during shadowboxing?

It is starting to feel pretty good. I think the skipping with the heavier speed ropes helps a good bit during the warm up. I am able to throw straight punches and upper cuts with a good amount of confidence, however hooks with the right arm are still proving to be difficult. An upside to this is that my jab has gotten much stiffer, and my left hook to the liver is deadly! I am starting to get a huge itch to get back into lift weights though. My roomate is doing his sets of 5 with 190 now and we started around the same spot. When I had the surgery I was only 2.5pds weaker than him on our sets, but now I know he has far surpassed me as when I had the surgery I was doing my sets with 175. He still has not caught up to me on deadlift, squats, and cleans though; but that was pre surgery, lol. I know I am pretty weak right now.

2/03/10

3 rounds rope @ 3min

3 rounds bag work @ 4min (not punches/elbows with right arm)

Took a small step up to 4 minutes with the bag work. Will go for 5min on Friday.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Workout Logs