Close
Login
Register

detfilteg's training log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: detfilteg's training log

Postby detfilteg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:16 pm

12/1/09

Bench: 160(3x5) 170(3,3)
Incline Bench: 120(5x3, 4,4)
Dips: +35 (10x3)
Tricep Extension (overhead): +35 (10x3)
Decline Situps: +45 (50x2)
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 pm

i can see you're getting stronger there pal from the increases in weight i think i'm gonna start me one of these too

btw i know of a bench workout that helped me go up 30lbs on my bench in about 6-8 weeks ifya want it :wink:
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby detfilteg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:i can see you're getting stronger there pal from the increases in weight i think i'm gonna start me one of these too

btw i know of a bench workout that helped me go up 30lbs on my bench in about 6-8 weeks ifya want it :wink:

Yes, I am seeing some increases but if I was a bit more consistent then I would see a lot more. I will be having surgery on my shoulder next Thursday so I will be out of commission for a bit. Hopefully all will go well and I will be more consistent with my workouts.

12/03/09

Power Clean: 130 (5x5)
Deadlift: 215 (5x5)
Shrugs: 140 (10x3)
OHP: 100 (5x5)
Decline Situps: +45lbs (50x2)
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:23 pm

detfilteg wrote:
Rico Is A Beast wrote:i can see you're getting stronger there pal from the increases in weight i think i'm gonna start me one of these too

Yes, I am seeing some increases but if I was a bit more consistent then I would see a lot more. I will be having surgery on my shoulder next Thursday so I will be out of commission for a bit. Hopefully all will go well and I will be more consistent with my workouts.

12/03/09

Power Clean: 130 (5x5)
Deadlift: 215 (5x5)
Shrugs: 140 (10x3)
OHP: 100 (5x5)
Decline Situps: +45lbs (50x2)

wow, thats some serious stuff, what's up with the shoulder that ya need surgery??
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Admin on The MMA Troll, The MMA Bulletin, & UFC "LIVE" Facebook pages, Follow us!
Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion, "The Invitational" tournament winner.

Postby detfilteg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Rico Is A Beast wrote:wow, thats some serious stuff, what's up with the shoulder that ya need surgery??

Repairing a bankart lesion and repairing the capsule between my shoulder ball and the socket. It has been an injury I have had for a while I think, but am just getting it fixed.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/general ... ankart.htm

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:04 pm

detfilteg wrote:
Rico Is A Beast wrote:wow, thats some serious stuff, what's up with the shoulder that ya need surgery??

Repairing a bankart lesion and repairing the capsule between my shoulder ball and the socket. It has been an injury I have had for a while I think, but am just getting it fixed.

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/general ... ankart.htm

oh, thats no good, hope everything goes well for ya bro
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:54 am

2 rounds shadow boxing (@3min)
5 rounds bag work (@5min)

I am going to max out on bench today and see what it is now, and what it is after I fully recover from the surgery. I am going to take a guess and say I will get 210 maybe 215.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Rico Is A Beast » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 pm

detfilteg wrote:2 rounds shadow boxing (@3min)

I am going to max out on bench today and see what it is now, and what it is after I fully recover from the surgery. I am going to take a guess and say I will get 210 maybe 215.

good luck man, hope everything goes good
Sigbet Record - 64 - 33
Last 10 bets - 8 - 2
1 Title Defense

Rico Is A Beast
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:18 am

Rico Is A Beast wrote:
detfilteg wrote:2 rounds shadow boxing (@3min)

good luck man, hope everything goes good

Everything went fine. I am at home recovering right now. The day of the surgery I did not have much pain due to a specific kind of nerve block they used, but this morning I was in a good bit of pain and have been on heavy pain meds ever since. I will give an in depth update soon with pictures and video. ^^

The day before the surgery 12/9/09:

2 rounds shadow box (@3min)

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Smith » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm rooting for your speedy recovery champ.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby detfilteg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am

Ok so I have been a pretty bad boy and have not gone to any physical therapy yet. My shoulder feels to be at about 20% at the moment. I have a pretty good range of motion still, but not what it was before the surgery for sure. I will be calling the physical therapy place today to set up my first appointment.

I have been doing some light shadow boxing though and I can throw the right straight and right upper cut without much pain, but I am not using any speed or power behind it. Just slowly going through the movements. Hooks with the right hand still cause some pain.

I will be starting back doing running/bag work next Monday to stay in shape. I will only be using kicks and my left hand on the bag.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Just scheduled my first physical therapy session for next Tuesday at 1700.

Luckily they do appointments post 1600 so I do not have to taky any time off of work.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 am

FIrst physical therpy session today.

Bag work and shadow boxing was done with only straight punches with the right arm including almost zero power and snap. Concentration on technique and range of motion for right shoulder. Kicks, knees, and punches with left arm were executed with full power.

12/28/09:
2 rounds shadow box (3min)
5 rounds bag work (5 min)

30 yard suicides, 10 yard intervals, total of 5, 30-45 secs rest between
sit ups: +35lb (2x50)

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 am

12/29/09

4 min warm up on arm bike (2 min forward/2 min backward)
10 streches extending on table while in sitting position
10 reps pushing against wall with fist while facing wall, hold for 3-5 seconds
10 reps pushing against wall with elbow with back to wall, hold for 3-5 seconds
10 reps pushing against door frame with palm of hand with arm bent at elbow, hold 3-5 seconds
10 reps pushing against door frame with back of hand with arm bent at elbow, hold 3-5 seconds
10 reps lie on back, hold broom stick with arms bent, rotate body to left side, hold 3-5 seconds
10 reps lie on back hold broom stick with arms straight, raise arms above head, hold 3-5 seconds

5 min ice

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:47 am

1/4/2010

Physical Therapy

Resistance exercises with resistance band. Much more entertaining than the first PT visit. I go back on Thursday. Therapist says my range of motion is extremely good for the time period.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Workout Logs