Close
Login
Register

detfilteg's training log

Want to share your work out? this is the place to do it.

Re: detfilteg's training log

Postby detfilteg » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 am

KC Masterpiece wrote:
detfilteg wrote:9/29/09

1.5 hrs drumming

What kinda kit you got?

5 piece pearl export. It's a baige color. It is getting up there in age as I have had it for around 10 years or so. The shells are fine, it just needs new hardware.

www.myspace.com/13daymission

There should be a few vids on there of us playing live.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KC Masterpiece » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:29 pm

Wow man when I was playing a lot ('97-'00) I'd planned on getting an Export kit... they were the shit back then. Pearl, DW and Premier catalogs were a minor obsession of mine :lol:

It is great how the shells can last for a while provided they're cared for and not kept in a humid environment.
MurderfaceMMA wrote:A few years ago i was downloading all the UFCs from torrent sites. One day my internet was shut off, and when i called the provider, they said the UFCs lawyers called and got an injunction to shut down my internet.

ImageImage
KC Masterpiece
Deputy Director Masterbro

Postby detfilteg » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:24 pm

I have been giving my shoulder a break the past little while and it is feeling better.

On 10/3 I did 1.5 hrs of drumming to get ready for the show we are playing tonight.

I will be going back to MT classes starting Wednesday and on Tuesday/Thursday I will probably do a lot of cardio instead of lifting to give my shoulder time to recover. It would be nice to keep getting stronger, but for now I think it punch and kick hard enough that it is time to concentrate on really getting my cardio going. I might do some light lifting on a few days depending on how the shoulder continues to feel.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 am

10/7/09

MT

3 rounds rope @ 3 min

2 rounds shadow box @ 3 min

3 rounds pad work combinations @ 3 min

2 rounds core conditioning @ 3 min

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 am

I have been sick since 10/8/09 so I have not done anything in the gym or physically demanding. Feeling a bit better today so I should be able to start back work on Wednesday or Thursday. I do not think I am going to make the fight on November 7th.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

I am still getting over my cough, but the good news is that I set up a doc's appointment with an Orthopaedic Specialst/Sports Medicine doc. Hopefully he can tell me wtf is up with my shoulder. It's been resting for almost a week now and it still hurts to move it.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 am

10/20/09

Each exercise for 30 seconds:

Plank
Later Plank (both sides)
Russian Twists w/ medicine ball (8lbs)
Pelvic Thrusts
Toe Touches
Big Circles w/ medicine ball (8lbs)
Decline Sit ups w/ medicine ball (8lbs)

25 Kicks each leg

1-2-3-4-5-10

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:27 am

10/23/09

Bench: 5x5 (160lbs) Got all reps which is surprising since I have been giving the shoulder a rest.
Incline Bench: 5x5 (105lbs)
Dips: 3x25
Dumbell Tricep Extension: 1x10/1x10/1x5 (35lbs) Shoulder started to hurt in the 3rd set

Core:

100 decline situps (w/ 35 plate on chest)

My shoulder held up really well and I feel good about the workout I got in. I am starting back to MT today so I will be updating regularly again. I got for my MRI on November 11th.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:34 pm

10/26/09 and 10/28/09

My dog fucking chewed through my leather rope so I am missing rope at the moment. Supplimented skipping with a half mile warm up.

.5 mile warm up run
2 rounds shadow boxing (@3min)
3 rounds bag work (@3min)
1 round nonstop 1-2's (1min)
100 decline situps w/ 35lb plate

Shoulder is doing much, much better. I think the rest really helped. No pain during the workout only pain during the streching process prior to warm up. Cool down streching went fine.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:39 am

10/29/09

Power Clean(120): 5x5
Deadlift(160): 5x5
Standing Military(90): 5x5
Shrugs(160): 3x10 (10/5/5)
Frontal Raises: 3x10
50 weighted decline situps

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:58 am

10/30/09

3 rounds bag work (@3min)
1 round nonstop 1-2's (1min)

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:31 am

10/2/09

Did a few more rounds yesterday with the bag work. 2 extra rounds regular work, 1 extra round 1-2's.

5 rounds bag work (@3min)
2 round nonstop 1-2's (1min)

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 am

10/3/09

Bench: 5x5 (160) did not move up in weight as my spot was not at the house
Incline Bench: 5x5 (110)
Dips: 3x25
100 Decline situps (35lb plate)

Skipped tricep extension as I had company.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Smith » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Please do yourself the favor of investing in a chain belt for dips/pull-ups or put more weight in a backpack so you can do less dips at a heavier weight.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby detfilteg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:22 pm

Smith wrote:Please do yourself the favor of investing in a chain belt for dips/pull-ups or put more weight in a backpack so you can do less dips at a heavier weight.

Well right now I do not have a proper dip station so I do the modified version using the bench and my feet elevated like so.

The chain belt wouldn't work for this, but I could throw some weight in a bookbag no problem. How many reps should I be busting out for the dips?

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Workout Logs