Close
Login
Register

Conor gonna fight an old man for free

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Conor gonna fight an old man for free

Postby philphan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 pm

Conor McGregor apparently agrees to bout with Frankie Edgar in December, offers to fight for free
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ufc-conor- ... 20142.html

Conor McGregor may finally be ready to get back into the octagon, and he’s apparently willing to do it for free.

The UFC sent out a tweet wishing Frankie Edgar a happy birthday on Wednesday. McGregor replied to the tweet just a few hours later, also wishing Edgar a happy 38th birthday. He added, though, a cryptic “see you in December” to the tweet — making it seem like McGregor is ready to fight Edgar later this year.

Edgar responded less than an hour later, saying he has already agreed to a potential fight in December, if McGregor and UFC president Dana White can get it set up.

That’s when McGregor called on White to set up the fight — and offered to put up his purse to charity.

Edgar currently boasts a 22-7-1 record. He fell to Max Holloway at UFC 240 in July, marking his second loss in his past three fights.

McGregor hasn’t fought since his loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov last November at UFC 229, and has even announced his retirement on social media since the bout. The former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion was charged with assault after an alleged bar fight in Dublin in April, and is still under investigation for sexual assault. With his current legal issues, it’s unclear if White actually wants him back just yet.

Still, if McGregor’s tweets are to be taken seriously, it sounds like he’s more than ready to fight again. The ball, it seems, is now in White’s court.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Conor gonna fight an old man for free

Postby jblaze » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:03 am

You notice he offered his "purse" which doesn't include ppv earnings or undisclosed bonuses to charity.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby kezzaman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 am

Did he lose a hare coursing bet with Dana?

Spoiler:
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:04 am

Me and Frag posted this shit on Twitter a month ago him fighting Edgar and our shit got deleted and buried by the twitter machine, it was so obvious, i think we already have a thread on here predicting this shit already, Pbells was in it loling
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 am

IDK about this. Hopefully this fight doesn’t happen.

Any of you guys also starting to think about possibly losing a little respect for Conor due to who he calls out and a few minor incidents outside the cage? If he’s not careful he might lose me as a fan and I’ll be forced to move him into my bum category. And he doesn’t want that kind of smoke.

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby Irishdonal » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:09 am

bruins2012 wrote:IDK about this. Hopefully this fight doesn’t happen.

Any of you guys also starting to think about possibly losing a little respect for Conor due to who he calls out and a few minor incidents outside the cage? If he’s not careful he might lose me as a fan and I’ll be forced to move him into my bum category. And he doesn’t want that kind of smoke.

Title of thread is hilarious!

I think it's the perfect fight Frankie is not a bum and will be a tough fight. It's also a winnable fight partly due to size and age of Edgar.
knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing that you don't put a tomato in the fruit bowl
Irishdonal
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby dipset52 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 am

Is he serious?? Dude he’s a fucking bitch lol

Of course he doesn’t wanna fight Gaethje.
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby dipset52 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:59 am

Yea I have no respect left for this man if he fights Frankie. Guys a fucking pussy
dipset52
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Aug 2018, Oct 2018, Aug 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: Mar 2018, May 2018, June 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2018

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am

Irishdonal wrote:

Title of thread is hilarious!

I think it's the perfect fight Frankie is not a bum and will be a tough fight. It's also a winnable fight partly due to size and age of Edgar.

You god damn bum. Frankie is a winnable fight? Are you fookin serious? Of course it’s a fookin winnable fight. Frankie is 20lbs lighter, 38 years old and 1-2 since 2018. WTF would Conor gain from beating a seriously disadvantaged fighter who is at the very tail end of his career?? This fuckin guy thinks beating Frankie would somehow be good for Conor?!?!. The fucking guy hasn’t fought in 3 fucking years, got his assed handed to him by fucking Khabib, wants to fight a 135lbs fighter then get a title shot, wants to skip all the real top guys at LW, and couldn’t even knock out a 60 year old man sitting on a Barstool.

What a fookin bum.

Pillar Bruins2012 tells no lies. :tup:

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:09 am

This dude is super desperate for a win. U normally only see this type of desperation from an older fighter that wants to go out on top. Bj penn, Silva, etc. This fckr oud in hiss 20's tho... disgraceful

Imagine if he loses tho
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:14 am

ThaBlackGuy wrote:This dude is super desperate for a win. U normally only see this type of desperation from an older fighter that wants to go out on top. Bj penn, Silva, etc. This fckr oud in hiss 20's tho... disgraceful

Imagine if he loses tho

Frankie called out Conor for years and Mcgregor and his team blatantly ignore it

Frankie says he is losing weight in preparation for a cut to 135 and Conor is instantly willing to fight him :lol: :lol:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby yoseph » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:43 pm

So conor was a pussy for years because he never wanted to fight edgar, who according to everyone would have been his toughest fight due to style and wrestling. Both have had a tough past 3 fight with edgar looking a lil better during that time. Now mcgoat is a Can fighting piece of shit pussy who is fighting an old man in a gimme fight. #LinkerLogic
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby PBells » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 pm

yoseph wrote:So conor was a pussy for years because he never wanted to fight edgar, who according to everyone would have been his toughest fight due to style and wrestling. Both have had a tough past 3 fight with edgar looking a lil better during that time. Now mcgoat is a Can fighting piece of shit pussy who is fighting an old man in a gimme fight. #LinkerLogic

He avoided Frankie at his peak and is now calling him out after Edgar is on a downswing at allegedly dropping to bantamweight
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby ebickmeyer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm sure he's been thinking about this one since the Brian Ortega fight.

Time to punch out an old midget to get his ego going again.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby yoseph » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 pm

PBells wrote:
yoseph wrote:So conor was a pussy for years because he never wanted to fight edgar, who according to everyone would have been his toughest fight due to style and wrestling. Both have had a tough past 3 fight with edgar looking a lil better during that time. Now mcgoat is a Can fighting piece of shit pussy who is fighting an old man in a gimme fight. #LinkerLogic

He avoided Frankie at his peak and is now calling him out after Edgar is on a downswing at allegedly dropping to bantamweight

Mcgoat lost his last 4 fights. Diaz x2, Mayweather, and habibi. He is passed his peak as well.
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Next

Return to MMA Discussion