Close
Login
Register

Competed in NAGA today

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Competed in NAGA today

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:58 pm

First I missed my No-gi match.
Then in my GI match I shot for a TD with my neck out, got guillotined and put to sleep all in about 5 seconds.
Feelsbadman. :cig:

Are there any videos or tutorials I can watch for this..?
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Formerly biscuits69

Re: Competed in NAGA today

Postby The Smurf » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 am

biscuitsbrah wrote:First I missed my No-gi match.
Then in my GI match I shot for a TD with my neck out, got guillotined and put to sleep all in about 5 seconds.
Feelsbadman. :cig:

Are there any videos or tutorials I can watch for this..?

shiit..dude...ill try to hook u up..

main thing u need to think is that u dont want to let him assume full guard..so the first video of bass...helps u with that...if u are on full guard and its applied with no hand in..realistically u dont ahve much time to escape.. u need to pass basically to side-mount..and u need to do that with an explosion.. watching sean sherk vs evan dunham should help as well imo..
The Smurf

Postby The Smurf » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:22 am

second video is kind of a fail actually..but it gives u some idea... main thing as i said is not to get trapped iniside the guard..

and try watching sherk vs dunham.
The Smurf

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 am

Lol thanks fragiskos, good stuff
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby The Smurf » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:51 am

biscuitsbrah wrote:Lol thanks fragiskos, good stuff

hope it was sort of helpfull..just dont let them cunts drug u down and put u in their guard..hands on knees..move to the side and slam..if he starts drugging u before u have time to do that try to fall at least on a half guard..that should give u time to escape to side mount..

(falling to half guard by pushing one of his legs back while u are on ur way down and put ur leg on top of his..then use ur foot to push off the other leg..and cross face him to get away)
The Smurf

Postby flowroll101 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 pm

First you should be focusing on where your head is supposed to be when shooting for a takedown. Your head should almost always be in his stomach or chest, never to the side. Your head moves to the side as you near completion of the takedown and you're basically in side control. Shooting in and getting pulled into guard usually means you also didn't have your hands behind his knees and you didn't throw the legs to the side.

The simplest defense to the guillotine is to tripod, apply as much pressure as you can onto you head and on the shoulder connected to the persons body, hand fight, and then start pushing on their knee to loosen the guard and then either same side knee cut or cross knee cut. If they're guard just opens up then simply move to side control. Just be careful they don't pull the knees in and then sweep you over into mount or onto your sides where you'll still end up getting choked.
flowroll101
White Belt
White Belt

Postby CoffeeEnemasBrah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks, pretty much exactly what my coach said. But why would I same side knee cut? Thats pretty much how i got choked out, guy barely had half on me (only one leg was around my calf)
CoffeeEnemasBrah
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby flowroll101 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:02 pm

It's situational really on which cut you use, but can also come down to preference. If you same side knee cut you just need to make sure you keep the leg pinned down so you can backstep the other leg so you don't get caught in half.
flowroll101
White Belt
White Belt

Competed in NAGA today

Postby MerxDage » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:55 pm

IMO, They would never be built today - even in their day common sense prevailed and the designs were put aside.
MerxDage
White Belt
White Belt

Postby The Smurf » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:23 pm

MerxDage wrote:IMO, They would never be built today - even in their day common sense prevailed and the designs were put aside.

dereq?
The Smurf

Return to Ground Game