Close
Login
Register

Combos/ signature moves/ combo breakers/ juggling combos/ ...

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Combos/ signature moves/ combo breakers/ juggling combos/ ...

Postby Legitsu » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Well i have been trying to pick up what fancy/ effective combination i see from both mma fights and K1 etc. I was curious to know what certain combination's you have seen fighters pull off time and time again. Signature moves. Just awesome striking combos in general. I wants to compile a list to try out and add to my arsenal.

I tried searching for a topic on this but couldn't find one.
Daniel Cormier=Black Fedor=BLEDOR! (copy rited term)

Sigbet record
2-2

Deathclutch is tapout for fat people.
Legitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: Combos/ signature moves/ combo breakers/ juggling combos/ ...

Postby TheCronik » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am

combo breakers and juggling combos we talking about mortal kombat here? :lol:
TheCronik
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Legitsu » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

I just needed something different to say than just the standard combination's. YES i borrowed some of the terminology from a bit of every where. But it was more like creative attention getter kind of stuff. Speech class for the win.
Daniel Cormier=Black Fedor=BLEDOR! (copy rited term)

Sigbet record
2-2

Deathclutch is tapout for fat people.
Legitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby UchiMata » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:39 pm

TheCronik wrote:combo breakers and juggling combos we talking about mortal kombat here? :lol:

Where the fuck have you been? He's obviously talkin about Killer Instinct! :lol:

Speaking of KI...ULTRAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!...Supreeeeeme Victory!
UchiMata
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby JohnKG » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:05 am

UchiMata wrote:
TheCronik wrote:combo breakers and juggling combos we talking about mortal kombat here? :lol:

Where the fuck have you been? He's obviously talkin about Killer Instinct! :lol:

Speaking of KI...ULTRAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!...Supreeeeeme Victory!

Com-Com-Com-com-com- COMBO BREAKER!!

:lol:
VOTE JOJO FOR MOD
JohnKG
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby BodyCrucifix2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Legitsu wrote:Well i have been trying to pick up what fancy/ effective combination i see from both mma fights and K1 etc. I was curious to know what certain combination's you have seen fighters pull off time and time again. Signature moves. Just awesome striking combos in general. I wants to compile a list to try out and add to my arsenal.

One of my favourite combo's I've seen time and time again is thrown by Ernesto Hoost

Allowing for some variation here... he starts with a straight right-left hook and follows with a left to the body and a snapping right leg kick. I've been practicing this combo a lot on my heavybag and the best thing about it is the torque you can get on the right leg kick following the left body shot if done right.

Hope this helps.

Edit: ACTUALLY, I've started throwing this combo as left hook-right cross-liver shot-right leg kick and it's just as nice if not better.
BodyCrucifix2
White Belt
White Belt

Postby JohnKG » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:05 am

BodyCrucifix2 wrote:
Legitsu wrote:Well i have been trying to pick up what fancy/ effective combination i see from both mma fights and K1 etc. I was curious to know what certain combination's you have seen fighters pull off time and time again. Signature moves. Just awesome striking combos in general. I wants to compile a list to try out and add to my arsenal.

One of my favourite combo's I've seen time and time again is thrown by Ernesto Hoost

Allowing for some variation here... he starts with a straight right-left hook and follows with a left to the body and a snapping right leg kick. I've been practicing this combo a lot on my heavybag and the best thing about it is the torque you can get on the right leg kick following the left body shot if done right.

Hope this helps.

Edit: ACTUALLY, I've started throwing this combo as left hook-right cross-liver shot-right leg kick and it's just as nice if not better.

Yours would be my preference... I also use a variation to mix in so when the 4th shot comes he shouldn't know what to counter.. it's 3-2-9-6
VOTE JOJO FOR MOD
JohnKG
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby otakusama » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 pm

i have three combos i use in fights.

i am right handed and i stand in uhm, well i have my own stance, kind of like TKD stance, mixed with muay thai. Kind of like SouthPaw.

1st combo left double jab, right power ful straight, left jab <to get out of range again

2nd combo, left jab, right straight, left jab, elbows, (thai clinch or jab out) and inside leg kick
Usually i practice on sparing partners if i get them in a thai clinch, to fake knees and superman punch after.

I practice these combos because during a real fight, these combos would be a natural 6th sense for me. After alot of practice, id automatically do it. after a set of combos, id usually back off to take a few seconds rest so i dont tire myself out.
ImageImage
SigBet Score: 1-1-0
Sigbet(PM ME)
UFC 129 GSP v Shield
Machida v Couture (Taken)
Claude Patrick v Rob

UFC 130 Edgar V Maynard
Frank Mir V Roy Nelson

UFC 131Brock V JDS (Taken)

Strikeforce: Overeem v Werdum
otakusama
White Belt
White Belt

Postby JayDeeHero » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 am

Once you know some basic combos, they'll flow together. I'm from a boxing/brawling background, so my hands fly.

The regular left jab-right cross-left hook is always there (assuming orthodox stance), whether the hook goes to the liver or head. What I've seen is that if the liver is hit cleanly, or in that general area, I could come back with a right upper then a right cross and another left hook. The opponent's body just seems to bend into these moves for me...so don't get mad if it doesn't work for ya hahaha

Then there's some leg work combos. A lead kick to a right cross or hook feels natural for me, then a left hook to the body and finishing with a right kick to either leg, body or head.

One of my favorites, I haven't been able to pull this off because in the tourney i'm training for...I can't use knees. :( There's the standard left jab-right cross-left hook followed by the rear knee. Alistair Overeem did something like this in his last K-1 tournament, where following the rear knee he'd throw a same-side hook. Maybe the momentum of the rotation's already there.

Oh! And Gohkan Saki's combinations. Where do I start?? Just watch some stuff, and you'll see some nice "combo breakers". :)
"The Sun shines brighter when you look at it, but it shines regardless. Shine for yourself, not just when people are watching." - Jordan Grenyion-Smith

JayDeeHero
White Belt
White Belt

Postby MidNightClub » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:55 am

check out gokhan saki vs freddy kemayo, or any other saki fight, he throws awesome combos the dude is so explosive
Image Image
SHW: Minowaman
HW: Fedor, Crocop, Nogueira, Overeem
LHW: Mousasi, Hendo, Shogun
MW: Mayhem, Munoz
WW: Nick Diaz
LW: Genki Sudo, Gil Melendez
FW: Korean Zombie, Mike Brown
MidNightClub
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Stand Up