Close
Login
Register

Cardinals rule.

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Re: Cardinals rule.

Postby RebelSaki » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm

timbercutter wrote:to me the Cards are fuckin amazing...fuckin hate them, but they almost always cob together an excellent team....Became a fan waaaaay back when Jack Clark and Willie Magee ruled the roost.....

Cards and the Rangers have incredible organizations right now. Leading edge players.
Now that we're gettin somewhere, you know we got to give back. For the youth is the future no doubt that's right and exact. Squeeze the juice out of all the suckers with power. And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers.
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Creator of TIO

Postby DreadLobster » Fri May 17, 2013 3:51 am

timbercutter wrote:to me the Cards are fuckin amazing...fuckin hate them, but they almost always cob together an excellent team....Became a fan waaaaay back when Jack Clark and Willie Magee ruled the roost.....

:lol:

I'd rather be hated than ignored.

I'm amazed every time. Damn near every season before it starts I think I team looks really weak. Eventually I'll catch on that its not weak, I just haven't heard of the guys. The Cardinals do a fantastic job building up a solid base and working from within the organization (so we can afford to let go of guys like Pujols when they get too expensive).

Letting him go turned out to be the best thing imaginable for us. I'd much rather keep Molina, Holliday, plus all the other people that allowed us to keep, than have Pujols even if he was playing as good as he did back then (which he isn't).
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby notsukao » Sat May 18, 2013 10:47 am

Agree about the Cards and Rangers. The new ultra shitty international spending limit reallllly hurts the Rangers though.
I wish there was a spot open for Taveras in the OF :x
Image Image
Nick Diaz (W) def. Carlos Condit (L), TKO (Stockton Slap) 3:25, Rd 2
notsukao
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:55 am

So I know we just lost game one... but... fourth world series this century, already.

Come on.

We're pretty fuckin awesome. We were within a game of going again last year.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby DreadLobster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:05 pm

RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:14 am

I need to check this forum more often.

War STL. I've been a cards fan since I was knee high to a duck and Vince Coleman was stealing bases. My first day of pre school there was a black kid in my class and when I left on the first day I told my mom there was a little Vince Coleman in my class.

This World Series is going seven.

Molina is gonna be the MVP or should be because he was the diffrence in games 2 & 3. He can hit unlike salty and he doesn't throw balls away to third base and wouldn't have even have made the throw salty did in game 3 to cause the obstruction call. And for you bosox fans it was the right call, shitty way to end a great game but right call non the less and if you have ever played baseball at any level you would know that. If the sox had Molina behind the plate the series would be over. I would argue he is the most important player on any team in baseball. I liked him when he first came up and couldn't hit for shit but was a defensive force and could call a game with the best of em and now has turned himself into a perennial .300 hitter and is fucking clutch and has only became a better battery mate.
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

Postby BestWayKilla » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:10 am

My Sox are World Champs! Yeah, bitches!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be a dick to Cards fans when you guys just lost, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. Hell of a series, guys.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby Cornbread Mafia » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:22 am

BestWayKilla wrote:My Sox are World Champs! Yeah, bitches!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be a dick to Cards fans when you guys just lost, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this. Hell of a series, guys.

It was a hell of a series. I hate to see my cards lose but if they had to lose to somebody I'd rather it be the sox.
Getting stoned everyday like Jesus did
Cornbread Mafia
Linker's Pharmacist

Accolades: Former US Champ

Postby doyousukadaweena » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:06 pm

Bump :D
jojo wrote: This place is actually pretty awesome and is a get away from normal life. I don't behave like this in real life faggot so coming here allows me to. I tried to act like you too begore the dunk off when I ran into a guy named weenis and was hazed into realizing this place is the shit
doyousukadaweena
Da Instigator

Postby DreadLobster » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:37 am

Ugh.

I wish I could say it was a hell of a series. It was an ugly series. Ridiculous amount of errors for both teams... but it was especially ugly for the cards.

Props to the Red Sox batters. Ortiz especially... Batting fucking near .800 in the WORLD FUCKING SERIES against the team with the most solid pitching the entire season. Holy shit. It was funny, there was audio of Yadi talking to the umpire about how awesome Ortiz was. After game two I was literally screaming at the TV every time he came up because for some stupid reason our team hadn't caught on. They wouldn't just fucking walk him. Just give him one base. Limit the damage.

That was rough to watch, I honestly barely even watched game 6.

Game one made it very apparent we were in for a rough series. I mean, obvious cheating aside (See the link I posted above), the cards just looked stupid. No amount of cheating by a pitcher can cause the kind of errors we made. We just plain and simple fucked up.

Also, there's gotta be something going on behind the scenes. What the hell happened to Miller and Mujica? Two of the most solid pitchers in MLB this year, on our active roster in the post season, and made zero appearances?

Hard to win the world series without a full lineup... Still not sure what was going on. I guess they are saving them for trades but I mean... damn. At the cost of a world series? What the fuck?

Our management has been crazy solid making the most out of such a young team, but I don't see how that helped us in any way. Why not use what we have? What are you saving it for? For a CHANCE to make it to the world series? We were fucking THERE.

I don't get it.

We definitely need to lose Freese. Hard to say, because he was so good early on, and he went to my high school (So did Ryan Howard, didn't know either of them). But he was bullshit this season. Not worth it. And we need a more solid short stop... other than that we've got a pretty solid team. Honestly not sure how much work our management has to do in the off season. If we can just keep our guys healthy we've got the best team, IMO.

Boston is about to be gutted. I don't think they'll be half as solid next year, whereas the Cardinals are just getting started...

That's the part I'm still excited about. We won in 2011, but this is almost an entirely new team, and we're just as solid, even if a little bit inexperienced. Obviously you can't account for slumps and fuck ups (as this series proved), but I'm honestly scratching my head as to what we can do better (as far as line up goes).
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby DreadLobster » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:44 am

Thank you for the kind words... and I don't hate Boston... but when it comes to Boston vs St. Louis in pro sports...

Fuck Boston. Cheating against the Rams in the super bowl in 02, sweeping the cards fair and square in 04 ( :lol: Yeah I admit that one just sucks), cheating against us this year in game 1 (even though we still would've lost by far).

I don't wanna sound butthurt but damn... caught cheating twice... just makes it hard for me to give credit where its due.

I will give credit for the dropkick murphys. And Bosstones, Dresden Dolls.... Boston's always had a good music scene I guess, and that does mean more to me than sports.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby BestWayKilla » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:41 pm

DreadLobster wrote:

Thank you for the kind words... and I don't hate Boston... but when it comes to Boston vs St. Louis in pro sports...

Fuck Boston. Cheating against the Rams in the super bowl in 02, sweeping the cards fair and square in 04 ( :lol: Yeah I admit that one just sucks), cheating against us this year in game 1 (even though we still would've lost by far).

I don't wanna sound butthurt but damn... caught cheating twice... just makes it hard for me to give credit where its due.

I will give credit for the dropkick murphys. And Bosstones, Dresden Dolls.... Boston's always had a good music scene I guess, and that does mean more to me than sports.

Ehh, I could take or leave the Dropkicks, not much of a fan of them. I'm big on the Bosstones, though. As far as Boston vs. St. Louis, I guess we do kinda have an edge in the realm of sports, including those you mentioned, as well as the most iconic moment, the Stanley Cup Finals in '70. Just out of curiosity, how did the Pats cheat against the Rams? I was only 10 when it happened, so I remember almost nothing about that game. I've never been a big Pats fan anyway, and I always like to see them get taken down a peg. But I can't recall hearing about them allegedly cheating in '02.
Last edited by BestWayKilla on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby DreadLobster » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:29 pm

You remember a couple years back when the Patriots got caught video taping their opponents' practices? The Rams accused them of that all the way back in '02 and everyone blew it off and basically said "quit bitching, you lost."

Then years later it turns out they had been doing it all along.

Also turns out they haven't won a super bowl since getting caught :lol:
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby BestWayKilla » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 am

DreadLobster wrote:You remember a couple years back when the Patriots got caught video taping their opponents' practices? The Rams accused them of that all the way back in '02 and everyone blew it off and basically said "quit bitching, you lost."

Then years later it turns out they had been doing it all along.

Also turns out they haven't won a super bowl since getting caught :lol:

Yeah, but everyone does that though, right? I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone does. The Pats just got caught. They haven't won a Super Bowl since then because their defense has been soft as shit.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby DreadLobster » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:22 am

^ :lol:

No, not everyone does that. Its highly frowned upon. I'm not sure that another team has been caught doing that in the amount of time I've been paying attention.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

PreviousNext

Return to The "Club House"