Close
Login
Register

Cardinals rule.

Discuss any and all non-combat sports here.

Cardinals rule.

Postby DreadLobster » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Just wanted to apologize to the fine people of Texas, Atlanta, and Washington D.C.

I'm sorry that our team toyed with your emotions and got your hopes up.

There's always next year.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Re: Cardinals rule.

Postby KotovSyndrome » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Oh, the irony in this post that exists now :lol:

Anyways, I am stunned at what happened to the cards. Total offensive collapse. 1 run in the last 3 games, incredible.

I had already booked the Cards vs the Tigers when that series was 3-1. The Cards seemed to have the ability to front-run as well as never crack under pressure like we saw in the Nats series.

I know St. Louis may be disappointed, but you all had an excellent season and proved that you could succeed without the hefty contract of an Albert Pujols so, while you all are essentially a World Series or bust team now, this season said a lot about your team.
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 am

:lol:

Yeah...

I don't think many people here are actually all that disappointed though. We lost our star player and had a rookie manager. With injuries and whatnot, and just the way we performed overall throughout the season, most people here were just shocked we made it to the playoffs, let alone almost to the world series.

Unless we get some crazy injuries in the off season, we're actually probably going to be a force next year (not just a wild card that comes out of nowhere and ruins other teams' seasons :lol: ).
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby KotovSyndrome » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:20 am

Let me just tell you how funny it was though when you all eliminated the Nationals. I live 30 mins from both DC and Baltimore, but the radio stations are all DC oriented where I live.

The morning after, there was a lot of silence on the radio and a lot of consoling by the radio djs. It was like the area was on suicide watch. The radio DJs were talking about how they don't even feel like playing music and empathizing with everyone about "what's even the point of getting out of bed?" It was so sad and pathetic :lol: One lady looked like she had been crying all night and she was walking around in Nationals sleep pants and a hoodie (I guess to comfort her).

On tv they just kept replaying the shell shocked Bryce The Fuckface Harper and Jayson Werth. Then, of course the "If Steven Strasburg was playing, it would have been all over!" Oh, it's over Washington, it's all over :twisted:

Just wanted to say thank you for that because I am ONLY an Orioles fan and I figured you could tell your Cardinal fan friends just how sad Washington DC and metropolitan Maryland really was the next day. They didn't just lose and get over it, you shattered their souls :lol:
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's so fucking awesome.

I literally texted like 8 of my friends the exact words "Look at their sad little faces!" like 30 seconds after we won, watching all the Nationals fans go from super excited, one strike away from winning, to completely blowing it. I was downtown at a big outdoor Oktoberfest party and they had it on a projection screen. The place went fucking crazy when we won. The Nationals fans all looked like they were gonna cry.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby YMCA » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 am

Sad day for Cardinals (and all true baseball) fans, Stan the Man is off to the REAL HoF.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby DreadLobster » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 am

^ Yeah man that sucked.

He was like 126 though so at least he lived a full life.
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby RebelSaki » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Only room for one predatorial baseball bird up in here. It's da Blue Jays.

No but seriously though, we're re-tooled and WS favourites now. :twisted:
Now that we're gettin somewhere, you know we got to give back. For the youth is the future no doubt that's right and exact. Squeeze the juice out of all the suckers with power. And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers.
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Creator of TIO

Postby KotovSyndrome » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 pm

RebelSaki wrote:Only room for one predatorial baseball bird up in here. It's da Blue Jays.

And I despise every minute of this :evil:

Sadly for my Orioles, I don't think the playoffs are coming this year. I actually have the Blue Jays snagging the division from the Yanks in the last month of the season. I think the AL West is going to have the WS representative this year though. With Toronto, we really need to see if the players you got from the Marlins will actually perform like they used to. I think they will because Miami is just a shitty situation so hopefully Toronto will rejuvenate them.

No Yanks though! :x
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DreadLobster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Not happy about the Cardinals losing Carpenter...
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby RebelSaki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 am

KotovSyndrome wrote:
RebelSaki wrote:Only room for one predatorial baseball bird up in here. It's da Blue Jays.

And I despise every minute of this :evil:

Sadly for my Orioles, I don't think the playoffs are coming this year. I actually have the Blue Jays snagging the division from the Yanks in the last month of the season. I think the AL West is going to have the WS representative this year though. With Toronto, we really need to see if the players you got from the Marlins will actually perform like they used to. I think they will because Miami is just a shitty situation so hopefully Toronto will rejuvenate them.

No Yanks though! :x

Gotta be happy with what the Orioles did last year though. They completely defied common baseball thought regarding Run Differential and Pythagorean Record theories. The Orioles should have been about a .500 team last year but because they won an insane amount of 1-run games, somehow they ended up with 90+ wins. Mind-boggling.
Now that we're gettin somewhere, you know we got to give back. For the youth is the future no doubt that's right and exact. Squeeze the juice out of all the suckers with power. And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers.
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby RebelSaki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 am

DreadLobster wrote:Not happy about the Cardinals losing Carpenter...

Former Blue Jay :evil:
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby RebelSaki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 am

Show me a better rotation in baseball right now:

R.A Dickey
Brandon Morrow
Josh Johnson
Mark Buerhle
Ricky Romero
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby KotovSyndrome » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:35 pm

RebelSaki wrote:Gotta be happy with what the Orioles did last year though. They completely defied common baseball thought regarding Run Differential and Pythagorean Record theories. The Orioles should have been about a .500 team last year but because they won an insane amount of 1-run games, somehow they ended up with 90+ wins. Mind-boggling.

Well actually it's funny, the Orioles had such a poor run differential for most of the season, but it was the most misleading stat in baseball, especially in the second half.

The O's compiled a ton of 1-run wins, especially in the first half, but when they would lose, we would get our asses smashed like 10-2 or 13-1. Just look at I think either the first or second Texas series. They absolutely demolished us in a couple games. That's why I'm one of those annoying baseball fans who always says you need to do the "eye test." When you watched this team, you realized how good they actually were. Stats were easy for ESPN to write a story about and make a montage, but locally, we all knew that stat was ridiculously misleading.

Still proud to see the Orioles defy those numbers and finally make the playoffs. Ridiculously long drought.

And to answer your better rotation comment, I really don't see one. I think on paper, the Anaheim Angels starting rotation is probably the closest and you have to believe they won't start out as slow offensively as last year.

I'm really excited for this season because I'm a diehard Orioles fan, but I also just love the sport and soooo many interesting teams to watch this year...except for that FUCKING TRAVESTY that is the Houston Astros.
KotovSyndrome
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby RebelSaki » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:08 pm

KotovSyndrome wrote:
RebelSaki wrote:Gotta be happy with what the Orioles did last year though. They completely defied common baseball thought regarding Run Differential and Pythagorean Record theories. The Orioles should have been about a .500 team last year but because they won an insane amount of 1-run games, somehow they ended up with 90+ wins. Mind-boggling.

Well actually it's funny, the Orioles had such a poor run differential for most of the season, but it was the most misleading stat in baseball, especially in the second half.

The O's compiled a ton of 1-run wins, especially in the first half, but when they would lose, we would get our asses smashed like 10-2 or 13-1. Just look at I think either the first or second Texas series. They absolutely demolished us in a couple games. That's why I'm one of those annoying baseball fans who always says you need to do the "eye test." When you watched this team, you realized how good they actually were. Stats were easy for ESPN to write a story about and make a montage, but locally, we all knew that stat was ridiculously misleading.

Still proud to see the Orioles defy those numbers and finally make the playoffs. Ridiculously long drought.

And to answer your better rotation comment, I really don't see one. I think on paper, the Anaheim Angels starting rotation is probably the closest and you have to believe they won't start out as slow offensively as last year.

I'm really excited for this season because I'm a diehard Orioles fan, but I also just love the sport and soooo many interesting teams to watch this year...except for that FUCKING TRAVESTY that is the Houston Astros.

Right on man. Nice to see another serious baseball fan on here.

I agree that they were a great team last year. They didn't necessarily receive any superstar performances from anyone but the team as a whole overachieved and did something truly surprising in Baltimore.

I think one of the main factors in the Orioles' success last year was their bullpen. Always shut down.
Image Image
RebelSaki
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Next

Return to The "Club House"