Close
Login
Register

Boxing Technique tips

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Boxing Technique tips

Postby baretta1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:36 pm

Anybody have any tips on training or good techniques to improve your boxing skills. Any specific exercises?
baretta1
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:20 pm

Watch some Ali fights & take notes.

I've always heard this how Ali fought & if I believe correctly Bruce Lee said the same thing.

When throwing a punch move your entire body with it don't just stand there & punch limiting your reach & effectiveness of the force behind the punch.

1. It tranfers your body weight along with the punch to give it that extra amount force behind your punches.

2. When you throw punches while moving towards your oponent with your body instead of hitting them while just standing in the same position & them only catching the end of the force of your punch in your follow threw they will catch your punch mid way into it while you continue to put more force behind it catching the entire force of it while you follow threw their body with the ending part of the punch.

3. Imagine I stand there & hit you in a boxing fight chances are you catch the end of my arm extension when the glove hits you meaning you don't feel the full force of my punch just the end of it. Now Imagine I put my entire body into it while moving towards you with a punch you catch the punch midway along with the force of my transfering body weight & my punch has yet to reach it's full extension still, then finally the punch extends to it's full length after already connecting with your body which will produce more damage to your oponent when they catch the full force of your punch going threw their body.

This is what I have heard & read about both these guys plus it's just basic science that your punch has more energy behind it while your arm is bent then when it fully extended & you exert the last bit of energy behind it.

Plz some1 correct me if I'm wrong.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby dejavu1096 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:55 pm

play fight night round 3
dejavu1096
White Belt
White Belt

Postby iamgomi2 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm

dejavu1096 wrote:play fight night round 3

lol
iamgomi2
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby baretta1 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:13 am

I take classes.

Any tips from someone with boxing experience?
baretta1
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Oldtoby420 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:44 pm

bhmessiah wrote:
baretta1 wrote:I take classes.

DONT TAKE ADVICE FROM MIKEPV EMAIL ME I CAN HELP

LawL
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby Smith » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 am

bhmessiah wrote:
baretta1 wrote:I take classes.

DONT TAKE ADVICE FROM MIKEPV EMAIL ME I CAN HELP

Why do you always want people to email you? Its a forum, just post to their questions here or ask them questions so you can figure out what they need to do. And stop eYelling at us!
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby Smith » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:40 am

Oldtoby420 wrote:Watch some Ali fights & take notes.

I've always heard this how Ali fought & if I believe correctly Bruce Lee said the same thing.

When throwing a punch move your entire body with it don't just stand there & punch limiting your reach & effectiveness of the force behind the punch.

1. It tranfers your body weight along with the punch to give it that extra amount force behind your punches.

2. When you throw punches while moving towards your oponent with your body instead of hitting them while just standing in the same position & them only catching the end of the force of your punch in your follow threw they will catch your punch mid way into it while you continue to put more force behind it catching the entire force of it while you follow threw their body with the ending part of the punch.

3. Imagine I stand there & hit you in a boxing fight chances are you catch the end of my arm extension when the glove hits you meaning you don't feel the full force of my punch just the end of it. Now Imagine I put my entire body into it while moving towards you with a punch you catch the punch midway along with the force of my transfering body weight & my punch has yet to reach it's full extension still, then finally the punch extends to it's full length after already connecting with your body which will produce more damage to your oponent when they catch the full force of your punch going threw their body.

This is what I have heard & read about both these guys plus it's just basic science that your punch has more energy behind it while your arm is bent then when it fully extended & you exert the last bit of energy behind it.

Plz some1 correct me if I'm wrong.

If you taking boxing training I'm sure you already know this author, but I just wanted to reinforce Oldtoby's point with this cool li'l video I've always liked.

Link!
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby Oldtoby420 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:46 pm

Thats exactly 1 of the shows I was thinking of when posting this it was a great episode / series thats shows how stuff like this works thx for posting that.
Last edited by Oldtoby420 on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:27 pm

protect ur chin :D
HW- Dos Santos, Cro Cop, Frank Mir
LHW- Shogun, Machida, Rampage
MW- Wand, Belfort, Chael Sonnen
WW- Nick Diaz, Matt Serra, Dan Hardy
LW- Shinya Aoki, Takanori Gomi, Cole Miller

PORstunts.com: Home of the World's Most Dangerous Stunt Group
UFC Undisputed GT- MRW1LLENELSON / TreeXxChunk
Lloyd Christmas
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby mikepiv » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:43 pm

asking for boxing tips on a forum is kinda pointless, like someone said, take some classes.

ps.: dont email bhmessiah. the only reason he has a problem with me is cause i called him on his bullshit.
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby mikepiv » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:38 pm

im pretty sure the kung fu instructor for hire thread shows how retarded you are cause you couldnt even come up with a good reply to the last post i had so you started making bullshit threats, which i deleted. youre a bitch and you get angry when you get proven wrong so you start acting tough everytime someone shows you how big of a dumbass you are.

ps: i never changed views, i have no idea what youre talking about. i think you just need to get laid or just kill yourself cause you seem to have a problem with life in general.

ps2: i never claimed to be an expert in mma, and im pretty sure i even said that in more than one post. as ive said before, i did boxing for a few years when i was in high school and trained in goju ryu for a few years after that. im not sure what you mean by fraud cause i dont believe i ever claimed to be an expert in anything. all i know for sure is that youre a clown and you have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to mma, and that was pretty obvious in your first few posts here when you made some predictions that everyone called you an idiot for (not to mention your internet-answer-surfing replies you posted on the kung fu thread... you even had the accents on the letters in the spelling... thats quite specific for someone who claims to be a boxer... copy and pasting things from the net doesnt count as being knowledgeable). just give it up kid, you got nothing. im not arguing with you anymore cause its getting nowhere.
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.