Close
Login
Register

Boxing Mouthpiece

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

Boxing Mouthpiece

Postby 2ys » Fri May 16, 2008 7:44 pm

I am going to start up boxing this summer.
But I have braces on my upper and bottom teeth.
I have found a mouthpiece for braces online but it is only for upper teeth.

http://store.titleboxing.com/shock-doctor-braces.html

Will it be a problem for me if I don't get a double (upper & lower) peice, but just the upper?

If it does, I haven't been able to find a double one for braces, so could you help me?
Or could I buy 2 of that one and put one on upper and one on bottom?

If it isn't a problem that I don't get a double, please explain.

EDIT
This one says it fits well over braces, would this be the best thing for me?
But it is also a Junior mouthpiece. I am 5'8 1/2" 123 lbs. Is this mouthpiece going to be too small?

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxin ... guard.html

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Does God exist?
Christian Philosopher vs 1 of the 4 Horsemen of New Atheism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8
2ys
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Boxing Mouthpiece

Postby halal pig » Sat May 17, 2008 1:11 pm

i got the same problem. i have a single and just got bottom braces. i dont know where to find a double but they do make em. i woulnt suggest buying two thou. i would check a sports authority/models/marcos first. if you dont find any there id go online to find one. you really do need a double one
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Smith » Sat May 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Not to hijack your post but I'm looking for a mouth piece that is red, white and blue like what Dan Henderson wears. Can't find one anywhere... Any help would be mucho appreciated.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby 2ys » Sat May 17, 2008 5:24 pm

halal pig wrote:i got the same problem. i have a single and just got bottom braces. i dont know where to find a double but they do make em. i woulnt suggest buying two thou. i would check a sports authority/models/marcos first. if you dont find any there id go online to find one. you really do need a double one

Thanks. I don't have a problem with buying two, as long as it would give the same protection as a double.
I did find a double that says it covers braces well. It's a junior mouthpiece and says it's good for lightweights. I am 5' 8.5" and 123 lbs. Would this work or would it be too small?

Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Does God exist?
Christian Philosopher vs 1 of the 4 Horsemen of New Atheism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KBx4vvlbZ8
2ys
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby halal pig » Sun May 18, 2008 12:31 pm

[quote="2ys"][quote="halal pig"]i got the same problem. i have a single and just got bottom braces. i dont know where to find a double but they do make em. i woulnt suggest buying two thou. i would check a sports authority/models/marcos first. if you dont find any there id go online to find one. you really do need a double one[/quote]

Thanks. I don't have a problem with buying two, as long as it would give the same protection as a double.
I did find a double that says it covers braces well. It's a junior mouthpiece and says it's good for lightweights. I am 5' 8.5" and 123 lbs. Would this work or would it be too small?[/quote]

ur a lightweight for sure. u should get it.

[quote="Smith"]Not to hijack your post but I'm looking for a mouth piece that is red, white and blue like what Dan Henderson wears. Can't find one anywhere... Any help would be mucho appreciated.[/quote]

heres a link for custom mouthpieces. ive never used it so i cant tell u if its any good. i cant even tell where to buy em on the site by the bottom right says colors red, white, blue. it might not be exactly wat u were hoping for but its not a cheap boil and bite mouthpiece these ones really are good.
http://www.johnsdental.com/articles/tmj/pwrbite.htm
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Smith » Sun May 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks buddy but it looks like you have to be a dentist to order the stuff and that its a special fit deal that has to be measured and such.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby tmoney2263 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:08 pm

dude go to mmawarehouse.com get a double mouth gaurd for sure
fight record 1-1
tmoney2263
White Belt
White Belt

Postby sammcl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:00 pm

Smith wrote:Not to hijack your post but I'm looking for a mouth piece that is red, white and blue like what Dan Henderson wears. Can't find one anywhere... Any help would be mucho appreciated.

You can get them custom made, do that.
Sig Bets: 1 - 0
sammcl
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Gear and Equipment