Close
Login
Register

Boxing Legends: ''A 'Joe Louis - fight' , everyday.''

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Boxing Legends: ''A 'Joe Louis - fight' , everyday.''

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:

nice post, dude

@50:10, or something, you can see that there is a midget, in the ring, giving advice to Joe Louis... (or pumping him up,or some shit)

:lol:
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:34 pm

Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 am

It wasn't easy finding 'fresh' Joe Louis material, online... So I basicaly call it quits, till further notice. I'd like to put a couple of quotes here as an epilogue and my the Boxing Legends thread, will have to be created in honour of recently diseased legend: Sweet Pea -Pernell Whitaker.

SpeakEasy wrote:
TheMadTitan wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:To be honest I dont think I've ever seen a fighter like Louis. He is calm and collected, wastes almost no punches, never looks at his opponents str8 up...always leaning a tiny bit backwards, on a 45ish degree angle,using basic punches and combinations,but he connects fully, almost every time.

Never loses his cool. He gets knocked down, and just gets up and streamrolls his opponent..\

Ferocious - calculated - a fucking scientist... but a brutal scientist. .. ...

That's who you need to look at so you won't get confused with the difference of brawling and being technical ...

'You are a just bleed dude,if you can't appreciate the art of fighting' .
.. . :roll: :roll:

Joe Louis' boxing is the epitomy of the phrase: 'sweet science'.

He will brawl,he will duck,he will jab and fuck you up.

Cause that's what he is supposed to do. He is not supposed not to get hit.

He is supposed to fucking hit his opponent and not get hit in the process. Which is much different. ....

I urge all of you to take a look in a couple of these fights.. Any fight,really.. .The dude is out of this world. ...

Efficient and lethal as fuck.

I started watching Joe Louis fights years ago and I was also captivated by the way he fought. He was fucking incredible! You're exactly right about him not wasting any punches. VEry efficient and deadly with his offense. He never got emotionally invested with opponents (as far as my knowledge goes). He just went in there and handled business. He's arguably the fucking Goat at HW, but that discussion is very convoluted and debatable with so many candidates at the top. Thanks for this thread Frag. Good shit brother.

Both comments are spot on and Louis is #1 the argument against him being #1 is really just Rocks perfect record and his retirment fight being the loss to him i still I think Louis is the greatest HW of all time, one of the best to ever do it and was the most influential champion, POC or otherwise.
Guy was forefront during a war that would barely let people of his colour participate in significant roles and Louis still became a poster child and a hero to many in the nation.
He also broke the colour barrier in the PGA, i think.
Jack Dempsey is my favoutite boxer of all time but Louis is amazing, his punching ability was quite litetally second to none.
He was a complete package, we've never really seen a HW of his caliber since.
25 title defenses, 50-3 as an amateur, 66-3 as a pro, 116 wins, 75 KOs, went 24-0, lost his first fight and bounced back and won his next
34 fights.
Guy fought 25 times in his first 2 years, not uncommon for the time but still.
One of the most appropriate times to throw the word legend out there.

I just cant put Ali ahead of him, Tysons not in the conversation and Rocky is impressive but Louis knocked out more guys than he fought.
I can see arguments for other guys but Louis is HW GOAT.

I nominate Mr Meow or Speakeasy to create that thread.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby SpeakEasy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm

^frag, if you and meow wanna help what we could do is do an ad memoriam month.
So each month find however many boxers either died that month or if we don't get enough maybe had birthdays that month
We can post one or two a day and should be able to get some good consistent content out of it

Yall gotta do it though,pbells hates me so i try and keep my nose clean
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion