Close
Login
Register

Both Diaz Brothers Always Been Overated

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Both Diaz Brothers Always Been Overated

Postby PBells » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:57 am

Have either of the Diazes been hailed as a future GOAT, hall-of-famer, 3-division champ, etc. while being a one-dimensional striker with shit cardio? No? Huh...

Conor is the main reason why UFC has devolved into the liberal sport that you and I both hate, KOP.
PBells

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:06 am

PBells wrote:Have either of the Diazes been hailed as a future GOAT, hall-of-famer, 3-division champ, etc. while being a one-dimensional striker with shit cardio? No? Huh...

Conor is the main reason why UFC has devolved into the liberal sport that you and I both hate, KOP.

Plus a subpar ground game and no heart. Don't forget he is a cheater too. Barboza, Johnson, Poirer, all took the beating like a man and tried to reverse course within the framework of the fight.

Sadly Conor chose option B instead of the option A of fighting like a man and elected to try to see how many fouls he could get away with before he got disqualified or used the unfair advantage gained from the cheating to win the fight.

Clearly he knew what we all knew which is that he could not fight Khabib straight up and have a chance to win.

Conor and Ronda combined turned the UFC to this pussy ass nerfed out version that it is right now. Now we have dorks like Colby trying to be shitty dollar store pro wrestling gimmicks, events every weekend that nobody cares about and refs jumping in to stop the fight at the earliest convenient time.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
Linker Party Animal
Linker Party Animal

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
Chat Legend

Postby PBells » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:13 am

Mr Meow wrote:
PBells wrote:Have either of the Diazes been hailed as a future GOAT, hall-of-famer, 3-division champ, etc. while being a one-dimensional striker with shit cardio? No? Huh...

Plus a subpar ground game and no heart. Don't forget he is a cheater too. Barboza, Johnson, Poirer, all took the beating like a man and tried to reverse course within the framework of the fight.

Sadly Conor chose option B instead of the option A of fighting like a man and elected to try to see how many fouls he could get away with before he got disqualified or used the unfair advantage gained from the cheating to win the fight.

Clearly he knew what we all knew which is that he could not fight Khabib straight up and have a chance to win.

Conor and Ronda combined turned the UFC to this pussy ass nerfed out version that it is right now. Now we have dorks like Colby trying to be shitty dollar store pro wrestling gimmicks, events every weekend that nobody cares about and refs jumping in to stop the fight at the earliest convenient time.

This. :pointup:

I'm also loving that my friendly jab directly solely at MidTitan got KOP and Hollywood Shuck so rustled that they couldn't wait to butt-in and act offended on Conor's behalf. :lol:
PBells

Postby H.K.D. » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:57 am

Fuck Conor.
RIP Lemmy #Lemmyisgod #Godisdead
H.K.D.
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Sept 2020

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm not going to argue with the last part. I hate most everything about Conor...but I just wanted to give him a fair shake.
KingOfPancrase
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:49 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:

I'm not going to argue with the last part. I hate most everything about Conor...but I just wanted to give him a fair shake.

Now its time to give the Diaz bros a fair shake. . .
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion
Original Gif Mafia Member

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:

Now its time to give the Diaz bros a fair shake. . .
Spoiler:

Me saying fuck the diaz sisters is me giving them a fair shake.

Nick Diaz best win was against a 75 year old Frank Shamrock.
KingOfPancrase

Postby PBells » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Gomi? Daley?
PBells

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:27 pm

PBells wrote:Gomi? Daley?

They suck too :twisted:
KingOfPancrase

Postby Legionarivs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:40 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
PBells wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:I love hating on Conor like anyone but get outta here.

Yet all I've seen you do is troll-shield him...

Its doesn't matter which fighter is more overrated, a ref had to save Conor's life twice. In the first fight Nate choked shit down Conor's leg, ref had to save him. Rewatch the 2nd fight, end of round 5 Nate had Conor mounted raining down blows on him until the ref pulled him off and Nate had to help Conor to his feet. In a street fight Nate kills Conor.

Over two matches Nate Diaz clearly did better in comparison but your street fight analyse goes a bit limp to me. As in a street fight if you get dropped like Nate did, you can get your head stomped in and soccer kicked. Also no gloves and objects. The whole street fight discussion I anyway find rather lame, we're discussing mma performance. In touch butt in a park McGregor would beat Diaz, but who cares?! It's mma.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby willis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:02 pm

100% wrong IMO. They were pioneers of the newer breed. Always hailed as tough mofos but never overhyped. I think the cultish following might make them seem overrated but it's just the loyal following they garnered.
willis
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016
Started Draft Kings League
Fun in chat

Postby YMCA » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Yes and no.

Given too much credit, but they also finished guys who fans expected would wreck them.

Their biggest weaknesses are their wrestling D and their belief that this isn’t a sport but a fight. It’s got rules and scoring because that needed to happen to get the sport sanctioned.

They come to fight, they just refuse to learn to wrestle/defend that aspect. They also refuse to play the game the way the puppet masters want.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby Legionarivs » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:53 pm

Shuck wrote:Topic was solely about the Diaz bros.. & you spin it to being about Conor who hasn't fought in over a yr...

I agree (for once with you) that the bringing McGregor in is digressing.

On-topic:

Especially Nate Diaz has been ragdolled and plenty of time, the blue print is there to beat him. He's nearly impossible to put down, has great boxing, cardio for days and has a legit ground game. But he lacks in a bunch of areas as well. They're both fighters that stylistically lose to certain fighters. They aren't in any greats conversations but they've enriched MMA with several amazing fights and are popular because of their style both in and outside of the octagon.

Both hall of famers.
Legionarivs
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:34 am

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in over 8 years.
KingOfPancrase

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:14 am

YMCA wrote:Yes and no.

Given too much credit, but they also finished guys who fans expected would wreck them.

Their biggest weaknesses are their wrestling D and their belief that this isn’t a sport but a fight. It’s got rules and scoring because that needed to happen to get the sport sanctioned.

They come to fight, they just refuse to learn to wrestle/defend that aspect. They also refuse to play the game the way the puppet masters want.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion
Original Gif Mafia Member

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion