Close
Login
Register

Best Rushmore of wins?

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:55 pm

PainDog wrote:Henderson has a very good list of wins, but he didnt beat prime Wanderlei. He beat Wanderlei only a few months after Wanderlei was destroyed by Cro Cop.

By the end of PRIDE, Wand was already damaged goods.

Image
I can see your point but Hendo did what no one his size or smaller could in Pride. It was a great win. War Hendo. :mrgreen:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Edson Barboza, Belal Muhammad, Ty-wan Claxton, Marvin Vettori

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 24123
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Shuck » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 pm

A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image
Shuck
 

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby philphan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 pm

Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image

Good list man, good list. :mrgreen:

Spoiler:
Image
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Edson Barboza, Belal Muhammad, Ty-wan Claxton, Marvin Vettori

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 24123
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Shuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:22 am

philphan wrote:
Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image

Good list man, good list. :mrgreen:

Spoiler:
Image


Ty kind sir :beer:

Spoiler:
Image :smile:
Shuck
 

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Bullgooseloony » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:57 am

Seriously? Page 2???
Prime Big nog x2
Prime cro cop
Prime Arlovski
Prime hammer house x3

I'll wait...
User avatar
Bullgooseloony
Red Belt
Red Belt
 
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 am
Accolades: Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 am

Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image


The point was the pick the best wins, not best names mr sir.

Hendo was 46 and what 2-5 in his previous 7 fights? not to mention Bisping only wins on the bs 10-9 formula to judge fights.

Cung Li was like 42 and well past whatever his prime was

Silva way past his prime and off the juice


Rockhold was indeed a huge win for Bisping though. Belcher, Mayhem and stann as well.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10868
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 am

Bullgooseloony wrote:Seriously? Page 2???
Prime Big nog x2
Prime cro cop
Prime Arlovski
Prime hammer house x3

I'll wait...


Image

Spoiler:
Image
Spoiler:





Spoiler:




User avatar
hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 13705
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 am

A couple of others to mention:

Shogun Rua

Shogun was a huge underdog in the 2005 Pride MW GP. He blew the roof off the division by winning the entire thing with wins over

-Rampage (opening round)
-Lil Nog (quarterfinal)
-Overeem (semifinal)
-Arona (final)

He destroyed Rampage who was one of the favorites and had just beaten Shogun's brother Murilo. The fight with Lil Nog was one of the best ever with Lil Nog coming off wins over Hendo and Overeem. Shogun then obliterated Overeem as usual, and finally upset Arona in with a sensual finish to win the entire thing. Four great wins over four huge names in their prime and a legendary tournament win for the LHW GOAT.

Ending the Machida era by touching up the untouchable one was also a very big win.

Mark Coleman

Coleman beat four legends of the sport at or near the height of their careers in four very meaningful fights in MMA history:

1. Don Frye at UFC 10 - Coleman’s first appearance in the UFC was at the UFC 10 tourney which he won by destroying the unbeaten favorite Don Frye on the ground (which he would later coin ground and pound).

2. Dan Severn at UFC 12 - Coleman won the inaugural UFC HW championship by finishing Severn who was on a 9 fight win streak that included wins over Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott, and Oleg Taktarov.

3. Igor Vovchanchyn at Pride Grand Prix 2000 Finals - Igor was on a ~40 fight unbeaten streak and the favorite to win the tournament. Coleman ended Igor’s reign and won the tourney by finishing Igor with knees.

4. Shogun Rua at Pride 31 - Shogun had just won the MW Grand Prix and was on a tear winning 8 in a row. Coleman won by TKO when Shogun broke his arm trying to stop a takedown. This was also when the famous brawl with Chute Boxe occurred in the ring afterwards.
Spoiler:





Spoiler:




User avatar
hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 13705
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 am

philphan wrote:
Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image

Good list man, good list. :mrgreen:

Spoiler:
Image

:lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 17271
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby OuchThatDidntHurt » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:19 am

PainDog wrote:Henderson has a very good list of wins, but he didnt beat prime Wanderlei. He beat Wanderlei only a few months after Wanderlei was destroyed by Cro Cop.

By the end of PRIDE, Wand was already damaged goods.


I would also like to add that Hendo beat Wand in a Pride event held in the USA. It wasn't the usual Pride rules where he could be the Axe Murderer i.e. soccer kick, stomp and such that were staples of Wand's offense.
User avatar
OuchThatDidntHurt
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby jblaze » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:31 am

Still going with Jones. Shogun, Rampage, Cormier, Gustafson. Not in a row but all part of the same streak.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2666
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Shuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:34 am

Mr Meow wrote:
Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image


The point was the pick the best wins, not best names mr sir.

Hendo was 46 and what 2-5 in his previous 7 fights? not to mention Bisping only wins on the bs 10-9 formula to judge fights.

Cung Li was like 42 and well past whatever his prime was

Silva way past his prime and off the juice


Rockhold was indeed a huge win for Bisping though. Belcher, Mayhem and stann as well.


eeek, point taken Mewozers.. couple were a tad past their prime, ayyy

ok fine, how about..

Aldo
Holloway
Diamond
Alvarez

Spoiler:
Image :gold: :gold:
Shuck
 

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:04 am

Shuck wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image


The point was the pick the best wins, not best names mr sir.

Hendo was 46 and what 2-5 in his previous 7 fights? not to mention Bisping only wins on the bs 10-9 formula to judge fights.

Cung Li was like 42 and well past whatever his prime was

Silva way past his prime and off the juice


Rockhold was indeed a huge win for Bisping though. Belcher, Mayhem and stann as well.


eeek, point taken Mewozers.. couple were a tad past their prime, ayyy

ok fine, how about..

Aldo
Holloway
Diamond
Alvarez

Spoiler:
Image :gold: :gold:


Conor does have a hell of a list. The Aldo win especially but also the Alvarez win too

I think people might discredit the Max win to a degree but I think that is dumb. Yeah it was right before he went on that big tear but Max was still incredibly good back then. Was he as good as the Max who fought Aldo? Probably not but that win is still a huge feather in Conors cap.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10868
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Shuck » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:15 am

Mr Meow wrote:
Shuck wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
Shuck wrote:A Silva
D Henderson
C Lee
B Stann
L Cuckhold

Spoiler:
Image


The point was the pick the best wins, not best names mr sir.

Hendo was 46 and what 2-5 in his previous 7 fights? not to mention Bisping only wins on the bs 10-9 formula to judge fights.

Cung Li was like 42 and well past whatever his prime was

Silva way past his prime and off the juice


Rockhold was indeed a huge win for Bisping though. Belcher, Mayhem and stann as well.


eeek, point taken Mewozers.. couple were a tad past their prime, ayyy

ok fine, how about..

Aldo
Holloway
Diamond
Alvarez

Spoiler:
Image :gold: :gold:


Conor does have a hell of a list. The Aldo win especially but also the Alvarez win too

I think people might discredit the Max win to a degree but I think that is dumb. Yeah it was right before he went on that big tear but Max was still incredibly good back then. Was he as good as the Max who fought Aldo? Probably not but that win is still a huge feather in Conors cap.


Image
Shuck
 

Re: Best Rushmore of wins?

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 am

Barnett
Cro Cop
Coleman
Sergei


Spoiler:
Big Nog



Spoiler:
Hard to pick just 4 wins. Werdum, Sylvia, Volk Han, Hendo, Couture all are deserving of his top 4 wins list too.



hawdrigoh wrote:A couple of others to mention:

Shogun Rua

Shogun was a huge underdog in the 2005 Pride MW GP. He blew the roof off the division by winning the entire thing with wins over

-Rampage (opening round)
-Lil Nog (quarterfinal)
-Overeem (semifinal)
-Arona (final)

He destroyed Rampage who was one of the favorites and had just beaten Shogun's brother Murilo. The fight with Lil Nog was one of the best ever with Lil Nog coming off wins over Hendo and Overeem. Shogun then obliterated Overeem as usual, and finally upset Arona in with a sensual finish to win the entire thing. Four great wins over four huge names in their prime and a legendary tournament win for the LHW GOAT.

Ending the Machida era by touching up the untouchable one was also a very big win.

Mark Coleman

Coleman beat four legends of the sport at or near the height of their careers in four very meaningful fights in MMA history:

1. Don Frye at UFC 10 - Coleman’s first appearance in the UFC was at the UFC 10 tourney which he won by destroying the unbeaten favorite Don Frye on the ground (which he would later coin ground and pound).

2. Dan Severn at UFC 12 - Coleman won the inaugural UFC HW championship by finishing Severn who was on a 9 fight win streak that included wins over Ken Shamrock, Tank Abbott, and Oleg Taktarov.

3. Igor Vovchanchyn at Pride Grand Prix 2000 Finals - Igor was on a ~40 fight unbeaten streak and the favorite to win the tournament. Coleman ended Igor’s reign and won the tourney by finishing Igor with knees.

4. Shogun Rua at Pride 31 - Shogun had just won the MW Grand Prix and was on a tear winning 8 in a row. Coleman won by TKO when Shogun broke his arm trying to stop a takedown. This was also when the famous brawl with Chute Boxe occurred in the ring afterwards.



Coleman has a hell of a rushmore dude. Good work. Especially with how fucking unstoppable and scary of a fighter Igor was at that time particularly. That scarf hold neck crank he hit on Severn was awesome too that was a gigantic win.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 10868
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users