UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin
UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on July 5, 2008, at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The title bout between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin, coaches on The Ultimate Fighter 7: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest, was for Jackson's UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
A heavyweight bout between Frank Mir and Justin McCully was cancelled due to Mir's signing on as a coach for the The Ultimate Fighter 8: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir series. Both the Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno and Ben Saunders vs. Jared Rollins bout were rescheduled for UFC 87.
|Lightweight||Justin Buchholz||Corey Hill||Submission (Rear Naked Choke)||2||3:57|
|Lightweight||Melvin Guillard||Dennis Siver||TKO (Punches)||1||0:36||Guillard won Knockout of the Night Honors|
|Lightweight||Cole Miller||Jorge Gurgel||Submission (Triangle Choke)||3||4:48||Miller won Submission of the Night Honors|
|Heavyweight||Gabriel Gonzaga||Justin McCully||Submission (Kimura)||1||1:57|
|Lightweight||Tyson Griffin||Marcus Aurelio||Decision (Unanimous)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Josh Koscheck||Chris Lytle||Decision (Unanimous)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Joe Stevenson||Gleison Tibau||Submission (Guillotine Choke)||2||2:57|
|Middleweight||Patrick Cote||Ricardo Almeida||Decision (Split)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Forrest Griffin||Quinton Jackson||Decision (Unanimous)||5||5:00||Griffin won UFC Light Heavyweight Championship; Fight won Fight of the Night Honors|
At the end of the night, the UFC awarded $60,000 to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin
- Submission of the Night: Cole Miller
- Knockout of the Night: Melvin Guillard
- Forrest Griffin ($250,000/$100,000 for show and $150,000 win bonus) def. Quinton Jackson ($225,000)
- Patrick Côté ($32,000/$16,000 for show and $16,000 win bonus) def. Ricardo Almeida ($23,000)
- Joe Stevenson ($60,000/$30,000 for show and $30,000 win bonus) def. Gleison Tibau ($11,000)
- Josh Koscheck ($70,000/$35,000 for show and $35,000 win bonus) def. Chris Lytle ($14,000)
- Tyson Griffin ($40,000/$20,000 for show and $20,000 win bonus) def. Marcus Aurelio ($40,000)
- Gabriel Gonzaga ($100,000/$50,000 for show and $50,000 win bonus) def. Justin McCully ($5,000)
- Justin Buchholz ($8,000/$4,000 for show and $4,000 win bonus) def. Corey Hill ($8,000)
- Melvin Guillard ($20,000/$10,000 for show and $10,000 win bonus) def. Dennis Siver ($7,000)
- Cole Miller ($20,000/$10,000 for show and $10,000 win bonus) def. Jorge Gurgel ($10,000)
This does not include bonuses award money.