UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson
UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson is the first UFC-event to be cancelled under ZUFFA ownership. It was scheduled to be held on August 11, 2012 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
On August 23, Dana White announced that Light Heavyweight Championship challenger Dan Henderson had sustained a partial rupture of his MCL and had withdrawn from the bout with Champion Jon Jones. White then announced via press conference that UFC 151 would be the first event in the organization's history to be cancelled, after Jones declined to fight Chael Sonnen, who agreed to take the fight on eight days' notice.
Initially, White announced that Jones would defend his title against Lyoto Machida at UFC 152 and that UFC 151 simply will not take place. Later, it was reported that Machida declined to fight Jones. The promotion announced that former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Vitor Belfort will challenge Jon Jones at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
A bulging disc in his back forced Josh Koscheck out of a bout with Jake Ellenberger. Two time UFC vet Jay Hieron was signed to replace Koscheck and face Ellenberger in a rematch of their 2006 bout in the IFL.
Announced Fight Card
- Light Heavyweight Championship: Jon Jones (c) vs. Dan Henderson
- Welterweight: Jay Hieron vs. Jake Ellenberger
- Lightweight: Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares
- Featherweight: Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin
- Flyweight: John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani
- Lightweight: Danny Castillo vs. Michael Johnson
- Lightweight: Henry Martinez vs. Daron Cruickshank
- Lightweight: Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo
- Bantamweight: Takeya Mizugaki vs. Jeff Hougland